Wellies

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wellies

I am getting bit fed up with my cheap Asda (I think) wellies of having freezing feet...

I've seen a note on a thread here about Neoprene wellies and wondered if anybody had any recommendations.

I have narrow feet, so any that are generous in the foot width department probably won't fit me and be comfortable.

Thanks!

What about thermal wellie socks?

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
      What about thermal wellie socks?
      Thanks, had a search around. You wouldn't think it would be so difficult to keep your feet warm :-(

Do you have any specific recommendations....

Comment

Mine are just cheap fleece ones and you can stiil wear socks inside them.

Comment

Another vote for welly or hiking socks worn inside wellies from me.
          Added bonus if you have narrow feet is that the wellies fit better and you're less likely to have an "allotment-mud-cinderella" moment where you leave one welly behind... (I too have narrow feet)

Comment

Almost forgot - also thick woolly innersoles are a possibility. Maybe add some real sheepskin ones to the christmas list?!

Comment

I take out the insoles that come with the wellies and put these in instead

https://www.chimneysheep.co.uk/produ...nsoles-womens/

They are wonderfully warm and eco friendly too Being about 1cm thick, they really insulate my feet from the cold ground in wellies and keep my feet toasty
              Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
              Endless wonder.

Comment

You can get a decent pair of nicely lined Trespass Snowboots for £20 at mandmdirect if of any use. I use them for walking the dogs when very wet. I've only just recently had them so can't testify to longevity but more comfortable and much warmer than traditional wellies. I'd say they are only fully waterproof up to about ankle height so also depends on how deep you need to plodge.

Comment

I wear these when out sea fishing on the rocks, superb for grip and keeping you warm and dry
                  https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dunlop-C662...666512&sr=8-32

Comment

If you get ones with steel toecaps they are VAT free.
                    I've got insoles and boot socks.
                    I think it's being waterproof that makes the feet sweaty and cold!
                    Riddlesdown (S Croydon)

Comment

Any reason why you don't wear normal hiking type boots with thick socks ?

PS I'd steer clear of steel toecaps personally, as the metal and icy mornings are not good together.

Comment

Originally posted by nickdub View Post
                        Any reason why you don't wear normal hiking type boots with thick socks ?

PS I'd steer clear of steel toecaps personally, as the metal and icy mornings are not good together.
                        I don't think all safety boots have steel toecaps. Some kind of carbon fibre is used methinks.
                        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

I wore steel toe cap boots for most of my working life, never felt they made my toes feel cold, I stand in freezing water when fishing in mine and only wear ordinary socks. I think it's the soles that make the difference, muck boots work on the principle of thicker insulated soles keep your feet warm, the tops are of secondary importance.

Comment

Another one who wears safety boots....again never a problem with the cold from the toe cap. As Burnie says, it's the soles that make the difference

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                              Mine are just cheap fleece ones and you can stiil wear socks inside them.
                              chicken feet in socks?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X