No announcement yet.

weed-free path suggestions

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For paths, I re-used some of the carpet that I dug up out of the first plot, and laid them just as paths, with lots of woodchip on top. The woodchip is free and readily available on the site, so I am planning on scraping the paths off in the winter and lay new fresh woodchip. Some weeds have grown in them but they've been easily pulled up.
    https://nodigadventures.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by bario1 View Post
      Haha that's definitely untrue - modship isn't necessarily a reflection of gardening know-how!
      What ya on about??! Yes it is

Comment

Originally posted by bikermike View Post
        You are not wrong there.

(I was hoping you would suggest making the path out of lemonade cans...

I did once see a plot where someone had edged a bed in wine bottles. I really hope I couldn't manage that - 8.2 linear metres of edging per bed. Assume 10cm diameter of wine bottle - 82 bottles/bed. I've got 10 beds in the new half plus another 3 of the same size in the old bit (and 5 more of miscellaneous sizes). Assume they are all the same, and that's 18 beds = 180 bottles = 135 litres of wine... or three years if you drank a bottle every week)
        I think two sheds lined her path edges with wine bottles. Then the allotment bosses decided glass wasn't allowed so she had to remove them all if I remember correctly.

I used weed suppressant and wood chip on some of my paths OMG!! Lesson learnt....took me forever to remove I now use card/lots of damp newspapers to line my paths and then wood chip on top. I don't use plastic cos I find it slippery if I don't have enough covering on them.

Comment

Can I put the cat among the pigeons and suggest weedkiller for paths!
          My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by bario1 View Post
            Haha that's definitely untrue - modship isn't necessarily a reflection of gardening know-how!
            Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
            What ya on about??! Yes it is
            That's why I stopped Modding. I was out-classed.

Comment

Speak for yourself

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X