Comfrey Tea

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comfrey Tea

I've made and used Comfrey Tea for the first time this year and WOW what a result, more runner beans than we can handle. Super French Beans, spuds and generally everything we've grown. This stuff is fantastic and it's FREE. OK it stinks ! but if you can put up with the smell give it a try. It's amazing stuff.

Yes the smell is terrible and don't get it on your skin, else you'll notice the stink for the rest of the day!
    But it's easy enough to make and you can store it in sealed containers (Plastic milk containers for me).

Next for you to try is nettle tea. That one is particularly good for root and leaf development, so for fruiting plants before they flower and greens/general all the time.

I even mix my comfry, nettle an urine for a potent coctail cordiel. Best applied in the evening so the oder is least likely to bother anyone else. By morning it's hard to tell anything was in the air. You might wonder why i don't have friends ;-)

Comment

applying urine to nettles can be very dangerous... you really don't want to be stung there...

I'm making weed tea this year (marestail, couchgrasss and bindweed in the main), that also smells and seems to work. I think you need to be quite liberal with it or it doesn't work so well...

Mike

Comment

Kelp Tea

I made some kelp tea about 10 years ago, I store it in 2 Litre fizzy drink bottles in the attic
        while fermenting it smells like a slurry pit but still works contrary to the 6 months I was told it would last. I added coffee grounds eggshells and water and left it for about 8 weeks.
        I add one cap full to 3 Litres of water and pour this into cat litter trays that my pots sti above with mop wicks hanging down into the mixture. I let this dry out and leave empty until the soil in the pots is dry as chillies like to dry out every now and then and refill 2 days later.

Comment

Can you dunk biscuits in it?...…………………………………………………….

Comment

Originally posted by burnie View Post
            Can you dunk biscuits in it?...…………………………………………………….
            Yes, you can.
            Our England is a garden, and such gardens are not made
            By singing-'Oh how beautiful!" and sitting in the shade,
            While better men than we go out and start their working lives
            At grubbing weeds from gravel paths with broken dinner-knives. ~ Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by mrbadexample View Post
              Yes, you can.
              And they'll grow so much better as a result :-)
              Rich tea plant anyone?

One thing I have noticed with weed tea, is that you need to use a lot of it compared to commercial stuff

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X