No announcement yet.

tonnes of compost for lottie

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a local farmer who delivers a trailer load of horse manure, drops it by the allotment and leaves the trailer there for a few days to let you empty it. All this for £8 !

She is the daughter of one of the plot holders, we are a lucky bunch.

An onion can make people cry but there's never been a vegetable that can make people laugh.

Will Rogers

Comment

just ask the local stables or chicken farm, I think they have to pay to get rid of hores muck now so should deliver it or let you take it as around the lotty
      Some things in their natural state have the most VIVID colors
      Dobby

Comment

I also use stables as my main source of trailer loads of muck, It quite often comes with weeds and baler twine but It only costs me a few veg now and again. OK I live in horse country, but I heard the late Geoff Hamilton say that he found 76 stables in south London.

I don't know how much salmonella resides in horse sh*t but I try to eat the veg and not the mud.

The plastic bag thing is a problem everywhere, There are some lazy fools around but I realise from this thread that the quality/cost of compost varies greatly between councils and you need to investigate your local facility.
        Last edited by Paulottie; 24-09-2007, 07:54 PM.

Comment

Croydon Council makes it own compost. You can pick it up free from the tips or they will sell you a tailer load or deliver you a truck load for about £20.

Also stables are now desprate to get rid of horse manure and it is now classed as toxic waste. Before they would try to sell it to you now they come to the allotments and dump it in our car park. We have 3 stabes that deliver each week for free.
          My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

got some coming next week I did think about getting it deliverd when i'm at work and Mrs D is of
            she would have had to of emptyed the trayler
            But think she would have made me go down there after work, and she might have put my head in it.
            Some things in their natural state have the most VIVID colors
            Dobby

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X