No announcement yet.

Nettles

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unless you can get the roots up, you'll struggle to get rid of them.
    They can be prolific.
    Whilst a lot will frown, spray would be my first form of attack.

Maybe then reverting to digging when weakened, and possibly more spray in the year.
    Spray probably won't do the compost any good though.
    Hitting them now might be the best time, as they are just starting to take over.

Comment

Nettles are useful. Just dig them out as they grow and keep using them. Free fertiliser on tap!!!

Kind Regards.............Rob

Comment

As a one off, I'd spray them with a glyphosate based weedkiller whilst it's still available. If you were physically fit, I'd have been happier to recommend yo just dig them out.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay-ell View Post
          How is your arthritis?
          Sorry I took so long to get back to you. My doctor has told me that I am too young for a hip replacement (I've just turned 50), which is a bit annoying as I not only enjoy gardening but also have a disabled partner who needs help dressing, bathing etc

Comment

Originally posted by MaoMao13 View Post
            Sorry I took so long to get back to you. My doctor has told me that I am too young for a hip replacement (I've just turned 50), which is a bit annoying as I not only enjoy gardening but also have a disabled partner who needs help dressing, bathing etc
            That's rubbish - change Doctors. My friend just had a hip op at 50. Complain more...

Comment

I’m with Scarlett. Get a second opinion. From an orthopaedic surgeon.

Comment

Cut the nettles down, you can either rake them up and add to your compost or just leave them to rot away and cover with supresant membrane and plant through it
                it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X