No announcement yet.

New Allotment

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome to the nutters club, our allotment policy is the tenant keeps anything that's on the plot when they take it over which includes anything inside a shed on their plot. The previous tenant has already been given 6 weeks notice to remove any items they wish to retain before their agreement expires which is after which the plot can only be given to a new renter. My 2nd and 3rd plots had tons of stuff including a brand new wheelbarrow, spade, fork, woodsaw, claw hammer, hoe, 6 bags of woodchips, weed suppressant, 2 full rolls of new debris netting, a petrol tiller and a huge garden hose.

Good luck with the plot and btw those plants are Raspberry canes, cut them down to about a foot high ready for them shooting in the spring for fruit in the summer and autumn.
    The day that Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck ...

... is the day they make vacuum cleaners

Comment

I have decided to take a couple of different approaches to the beds on the allotment to see which works best for me going forward. Half will be weeded, dug, cultivated etc, The other half I will try the no dig method. I have plenty of cardboard so will lay this down and cover with a good layer of horse manure and compost. From what I have seen on here and other sites any roots should be able to penetrate through the cardboard so am I right in thinking I can plant straight away?

Comment

Originally posted by benb89 View Post
        The other half I will try the no dig method. I have plenty of cardboard so will lay this down and cover with a good layer of horse manure and compost. From what I have seen on here and other sites any roots should be able to penetrate through the cardboard so am I right in thinking I can plant straight away?
        If you have well rotted horse manure, you absolutely can plant straight into it

Good luck with it!
        https://nodigadventures.blogspot.com/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X