No announcement yet.

Improvement notice issued

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After your opening post I was of a mind to give "short, sharp shrift" if you see what I mean. However, reading some of the other bits I can see that it is all not what one would expect to see from the first post. I suppose I would mark your allotments efforts as "must try harder" but "will get there". However, I think your communications could do with a tweaking and I think that the points you have added should be used to good effect. This means that you need to compse a letter that your granny would dearly appreciate without you "venting your spleen". I think you can now do it and I wish you the best of luck with the letter to the committee and the allotment.

Regards
    Bill

Comment

Luckily my new plot is on a gardeners Utopia. No tenancy agreement, no paperwork of any description, minimal rent, all 25 plots cultivated to a good standard, nice people, little vandalism, no pigeons!

Sorry Bikermike, not an ideal time to be mentioning this.

The easiest and quickest way to keep the moaners happy is surely just to cover any unused areas with cardboard or membrane?

Chin up my friend, I hope all works out for you!
      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

If it was me, I'd agree with them that it was not how it should be but is a work in progress. Then outline what you want to end up with and the likely timeline in getting there and see if they will be happy with that or if they have a problem and then whether the problem is with what you are aiming for or the speed of delivery. Then you can decide what to do.

Comment

Thanks all - I do acknowledge it's not as "cultivated" as plots nearby, but it is moving. Took me three years to get the half-plot into shape and I never had a single complaint about that timescale. I suspect the fact that it is visible doesn't help.

I've still not had the formal notice (the longer, the better as I've got three weekends out of five booked up in the near future), so I still don't know what exactly has their ire, so I can't be sure I'm addressing it. I've made some notes explaining why things are as they are and what I am doing, so when they do come back I can respond.

Nipped down before work and did a few quick wins - pruned a rampaging bramble and pulled up some weed growth - I'd not touched the former as the blackberries have been brilliant, and the latter as it had until this week been flowering and keeping lots of bees happy.

I can't build out the two raised beds until I lift my spuds (due to a setting-out error they are where the walls of the raised beds should be...)

Might try to strim tomorrow morning (I can wangle about 30 mins of daylight if the small person isn't stropping) and do a bit more weeding.

One of the things stopping weeding is that I want to drown the weeds, which I don't want to do until I empty my weed-drowning bucket of marestail (then I'm sure it's only well-drowned stuff in the pot), which I can't do until I turn the compost, which I can't do until I've got somewhere to put the compost, for which I want the raised beds to be ready to go, which is waiting on the potatoes...

Comment

Originally posted by bikermike View Post

One of the things stopping weeding is that I want to drown the weeds, which I don't want to do until I empty my weed-drowning bucket of marestail (then I'm sure it's only well-drowned stuff in the pot), which I can't do until I turn the compost, which I can't do until I've got somewhere to put the compost, for which I want the raised beds to be ready to go, which is waiting on the potatoes...
            Stop making excuses!! Pull the weeds up and bung them in a bag. You don't need to drown every weed.

Comment

That's what I did this morning!
              It's all either marestail, seedy stuff or both.

Comment

Originally posted by bikermike View Post
                I've made some notes explaining why things are as they are and what I am doing, so when they do come back I can respond.
                I do hope they are not in the same format as the last paragraph in this post

Procrastination can be your downfall. I'll explain more about that later.

Either stuff them in a bag and let them steam in whatever sun you're getting at the moment, stuff them in a bag and take it home to bung in the bin.

Not all weeds need drowning

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
                ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
                ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X