No announcement yet.

Hi

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello and welcome to the Vine Teabag...enjoy!
    sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the welcomes!

I have a walk in greenhouse I bought in wilkos (reduced at the end of summer) I hope to erect soon (well end of march) to grow the melons in and been told by an elder that a hot bed is also a good idea. Been offered petit gris de rennes for free off some lovely and I was planning on growing sherbet

As for toms, I grew 3 types last year, golden sunrise (pants, no flavor), 100's and 1000s in hanging baskets (loads of tangy toms) and gardeners delight (no luck, just green) and then had blight by mid august. Going to try minibel, tumbling tom red, heartbreaker vita f1 and maskotka this year.. fingers crossed for no blight!

Comment

Lots of people here had good things to say about Crimson Crush and Mountain Magic toms - both have been bred to b highly resistant to blight. The seeds ain't cheap but I think I'll give one of them a go this year.
        sigpic
        1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Baldy View Post
          Lots of people here had good things to say about Crimson Crush and Mountain Magic toms - both have been bred to b highly resistant to blight. The seeds ain't cheap but I think I'll give one of them a go this year.
          Just had a wee google, both look a good tomato. Thanks for the heads up

Comment

Welcome from me too
            aka
            Suzie

Comment

Hello teabag I love teabags or any tea,you must be loved wherever you go I've grown melons a couple of times,well they were supposed to be melons,biggest one was about one inch but a slug got it while I was on holiday,so I haven't had any luck yet. It can be done though so good luck with everything! Are you growing any tea,lemongrass is quite easy compared to my melon mishaps & it's supposed to repel mosquitos so nice next to doors or windows

Comment

Originally posted by Jungle Jane View Post
                Hello teabag I love teabags or any tea,you must be loved wherever you go .... Are you growing any tea,lemongrass is quite easy compared to my melon mishaps & it's supposed to repel mosquitos so nice next to doors or windows
                Hahaha I doubt I am loved that much and no, no tea growing here! I just sink a lot of cups per hour. I haven't grown lemon grass either I'm not that experimental with herbs ..yet. Easily swayed!

Comment

Hello there. Welcome to the vine
                  sigpic

Comment

Welcome to the vine enjoy the benefits of the advice and humour

Comment

Hi Teabag and welcome to the teetree

Comment

Thanks again all, busy forum here

Not too far from Swansea Jack army, I'm in Aberdare

Comment

Hiya
                          i grew minibel last year ..first to go red and the last to to give up ..i will grow them again this year.and that was out size
                          Last edited by Ms-T; 07-01-2017, 11:26 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X