No announcement yet.

Hi, back garden veggie grower here.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello . Welcome from me too SpindriftAli - also a back garden veggie grower ...

It's been a bit hit'n miss this year, what with the wettest June on record and all the ruddy SLUGS..!!!

Great to get the kids interested, good luck!

Show us your veg plot, we like to see other folks' growing ideas!
    Last edited by SusieG; 02-07-2016, 10:08 PM.
    ~~~ Gardening is medicine that does not need
    a prescription ... And with no limit on dosage.
    - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

Hello Ali & welcome to the Jungle, yes this long heatwave has been challenging this year................
      sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
      --------------------------------------------------------------------
      Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
      -------------------------------------------------------------------
      Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
      -----------------------------------------------------------
      KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

A very warm welcome to the forum, dear Ali
        Pain is still pain, suffering is still suffering, regardless of whoever, or whatever, is the victim.
        Everything is worthy of kindness.

http://thegentlebrethren.wordpress.com

Comment

Thank you all for the warm welcome. I spent ages yesterday browsing the threads and everyone seems really friendly. I will take some pictures of my veggies when I have planted my new batch of seedlings.

I received a funky veg kit last year and I bought a trug to grow my veggies in. The purple carrots, rainbow chard, striped tomatoes, yellow courgettes and red brussel sprouts certainly got the kids interested in growing their own veg. We did indeed have lots of laughs with the three legged alien carrots and the kids were just as excited as me about this years growing season.

It is very reassuring to know that there are others who have had some issues this year as a result of the weather, I don't feel so alone now.

Thanks again all.

Comment

Hello and welcome to the vine SpindriftAli
            I'm also a back garden grower I get failures but once I decided its my hobby and any crops are a bonus I soon felt much better about it all.
            Last edited by Bren In Pots; 03-07-2016, 07:45 AM.
            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
              I get failures but once I decided its my hobby and any crops are a bonus I soon felt much better about it all.
              Absolutely, After 30 mins weeding, planting, de-pesting etc, I feel brand new. Gardening has definitely been my therapy and the crops are def the bonus.

Comment

Welcome to the vine enjoy the benefits of the advice and humour

Comment

A a BIG hello from me too. I am glad that you enjoyed having a mooch through all the threads.
                  I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X