No announcement yet.

Introduce myself

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome to the forum Lisa. I can't help with your questions I'm afraid as I am a total novice as well!

Please feel free to ask lots of questions as I'm sure they will all be questions that will help me Likewise, I hope that the questions that I ask will be useful to you

Comment

Originally posted by Greenleaves View Post
      That link is great exactly what I needed Thankyouuuuuuuuu

Comment

Hello Lisa, welcome to the vine!

The seedlings you have at home, are they in the house?

People will shortly start telling you to 'harden them off'
        That means taking them outside on warmish days and bringing them back indoors in the evening to get them used to a bit of weather....to toughen them up.

If you were to plant them straight out without doing this the shock would likely kill them, even the seedlings of hardy veggies.
        The tenders (beans, tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers and courgettes to name just a few) won't be able to live outside for a long while yet, until after the last possible frost date so for now, I'd only worry about hardening off your beets, cabbages and such.
        http://goneplotterin.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Hi Lisa and welcome.
          We lurve questions and we'll hold your virtual hand on your plot. In fact we'll do all we can to help you - except the weeding

Comment

Hi lisa and welcome wow how lovely an allotment of your own ,brilliant ,look forward to you showing us some photos too from another newbie
            If i have a thousand ideas and only one turns out good,i am satisfied.- Alfred Nobel

Comment

Hi Lisa
              I've just joined recently, great bunch here and so much info available. I'm now ashamed to still be growing in containers rather than digging garden over for raised beds.
              Wish I'd taken an interest as a child when dad was having a go at growing fruit n veg , sadly he can't advise me now with his dementia.

Enjoy growing , digging and eating
              Northern England.

Comment

Hello Lisa & welcome to the Jungle from an ex Leeds Lad. Do you have room for a greenhouse on the lottie as that would be good for growing Toms. The best advice I can give is to walk round the site & just look at what everyone else is doing even if you don't manage to speak to anyone.
                sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                --------------------------------------------------------------------
                Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                -------------------------------------------------------------------
                Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                -----------------------------------------------------------
                KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Hi Lisa and welcome from my part of west Yorkshire

I used to potter with my granddad in his allotment-sized garden when I was little so I totally know what you mean.

Don't be too impatient to get things out - sit and have a read through the threads on here, you'll notice that so far this year the weather is holding most of us back!

Comment

Originally posted by vixylix View Post
                    Hi Lisa and welcome from my part of west Yorkshire

I used to potter with my granddad in his allotment-sized garden when I was little so I totally know what you mean.

Don't be too impatient to get things out - sit and have a read through the threads on here, you'll notice that so far this year the weather is holding most of us back!
                    Everyone has been so helpful already, I'm going to look around tomorrow and then I'll start to harden the seedlings over next few weeks..... No doubt I will be updating you all soon.

Thanks everyone x

Comment

Don't forget to take some photos. You can add them to the http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...light=calendar
                      and watch your plot improving through the year.

We like to have a nose too

Comment

Hellooo .

Comment

A very warm welcome to the forum, dear Lisa
                          Pain is still pain, suffering is still suffering, regardless of whoever, or whatever, is the victim.
                          Everything is worthy of kindness.

http://thegentlebrethren.wordpress.com

Comment

A very warm welcome Lisa..As Mally said, get a greenhouse if you can...if you love gardening and growing, you are only putting off the inevitable
                            I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
                            sigpic

Comment

Well I took all your advice and yesterday I really grew in confidence at my allotment, my shed was being moved and loads of the men helped which meant I was really able to introduce myself and having a shed now means I feel organised.... I also had a really good noisy at everyone plots, saw what had been planted and got some advice so I am feeling really positive today and just want the rain to stop so I can go and potter .... Thanks again everyone

Comment

Originally posted by Tripmeup View Post
                                A very warm welcome Lisa..As Mally said, get a greenhouse if you can...if you love gardening and growing, you are only putting off the inevitable
                                I would love a green house but not sure I have room or the money currently but I'm keeping my eye out for a second hand one or even just a little one to go on the side of my shed... I'll keep you posted

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X