No announcement yet.

Hi from sunny Brum!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is that a railway embankment behind your piccie of your GH?
    I only ask because I used to live in Brum and still spend about a third of my life there for work - I sometimes commute on the train in from Sutton Coldfield and pass by some splendid looking plots in the vicinity of Edgbaston.
    Anyhow - looking good.

Pip pip,
    Balders
    sigpic
    1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Baldy View Post
      Is that a railway embankment behind your piccie of your GH?
      I only ask because I used to live in Brum and still spend about a third of my life there for work - I sometimes commute on the train in from Sutton Coldfield and pass by some splendid looking plots in the vicinity of Edgbaston.
      Anyhow - looking good.

Pip pip,
      Balders
      Hi, it is a railway embankment but no one has commuted along it other than on foot or by bike since Dr Beeching wielded his axe.

Its now the Harborne Walkway and would have run from Harborne into Brum going past the Edgbaston Reservoir but now stops at the canals not far from Gas St Basin.

Despite being only a couple of miles from the city centre it feels surprisingly rustic - for the last few days there have been buzzards doing their aerobatics and being mobbed by crows. The presence of the buzzards seems to be making the pigeons jittery which has got to be a good thing!
      Last edited by Convolvulus; 12-04-2016, 09:30 AM.

Comment

Well done ye!!
        Now go forth and sow, plant and transplant😁
        I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
        sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X