No announcement yet.

Hello all, newbie here!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Sara, welcome to the Vine - I hope you enjoy having a mooch around the sight. There are many people on here who are very skilled about GYO and will help with advice and ideas if they can.

Some of them are also as daft as a box of frogs.

Your garden looks brilliant (I am now green with envy) and your taste buds will tingle with delight when you try the first veggie you grow this year.
    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

Hi there welcome to the Vine. Very impressed with your garden
      sigpic

Comment

Welcome to the forum...Your plans are starting to take shape by the looks of it...
        I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
        sigpic

Comment

Hello and welcome
          Carrie

Comment

Hi Sara and welcome. Hope you get agood growing season. Your garden looks good. Looking forward to seeing more pics when you have your beds planted up.

And when your back stops aching,
            And your hands begin to harden.
            You will find yourself a partner,
            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Welcome to the forum Sarah , you sure thats your garden not the garden center at b and q lol, lotta heavy machinery there

i love frogs i do

Comment

Hello and a very belated welcome from the French Pyrenees. Enjoy the Vine
                Le Sarramea https://jgsgardening.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by jackarmy View Post
                  Welcome to the forum Sarah , you sure thats your garden not the garden center at b and q lol, lotta heavy machinery there

i love frogs i do
                  We literally lol'd at the garden centre comment! Gotta love a bit of heavy machinery!

I might be a girl but power tools and machinery do make me smile!!

Thanks to all for the warm welcome and your comments and advice, plans have already changed thanks to this post and runner beans and peas are now going against the fence rather than in the beds

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
                    Hello Mr & Mrs Sara, welcome to the Jungle. Nice looking garden, will look even nicer in a few months time. I would be tempted to use some of that fence for your climbing Beans due to the limited number of beds. Courgettes are beasts so will take up one bed, I would imagine your Brassicas will be going in the same bed, Strawberries could easily take up a bed, leaving one bed which I personally one make into a SFG bed for the likes of Beetroot, Shallots, Leeks, Carrots..........Anyway, I'm sure you have got your own ideas so ignore my ramblings............

Ooooh! almost forgot..........perfect time for putting your pic on here:

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...dar_87848.html
                    Thanks for the great advice, we will put climbing beans against the fence, one bed will be dedicated to strawbs. Spuds and carrots will be in pots, everything else will go where it fits!

Herbs will go in various pots dotted around.

What is an SFG bed?

Comment

Welcome Sara.
                      There's a lot of potential with the space you have
                      I'll look forward to your updates over the coming growing season.

Comment

Square Foot Garden? Welcome to the Vine
                        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
                          Square Foot Garden? Welcome to the Vine
                          Ah yes of course, thanks! that's a term that I read for the first time this weekend, must do more research and reading, that could be a good option for one of the beds

This forum is great, how successful we will be is up in the air, the last thing I grew was mustard cress at school about 40 years ago lol

Comment

Originally posted by SaraJH View Post
                            What is an SFG bed?
                            As Flo says - Square Foot Gardening.........If you have a couple of hours to spare read this:

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ing_44388.html
                            sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                            --------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                            -------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                            -----------------------------------------------------------
                            KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Don't forget the Calendar then you can see your progress monthly.
                              sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                              --------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                              -------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                              -----------------------------------------------------------
                              KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
                                Don't forget the Calendar then you can see your progress monthly.
                                Thanks, yes I shall definitely make use of the calendar, this is all great, I just have one worry. I work from home so will have to be very diligent in not pottering around the garden when I am supposed to be working

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X