Growing in Scotland

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome to the Vine, Molly

There is lots of advice on here and your fellow up Northers will be able to help out with specific advice.
    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

Originally posted by Aberdeenplotter View Post
      Up here, we are at least 4 weeks behind middle England
      I read that as Middle Earth! It's been a long day.
      When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it.
      If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant.

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome! Especially good to hear there are some folk from this end of the country for timing advice. I do have a book on Growing Fruit and Veg in Scotland which has at least given suggestions for varieties that do better here and which to stay clear of. But extra advice is always welcome, as things change new varieties come out and folk find different things work for them.

I got a good few hours of tidy up done this weekend, though got snowed/sleeted off this afternoon.

Anything else I ought to be doing yet?

Comment

And a very warm welcome to the forum from me too, dear Molly
          Pain is still pain, suffering is still suffering, regardless of whoever, or whatever, is the victim.
          Everything is worthy of kindness.

http://thegentlebrethren.wordpress.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X