• Show
Clear All

• mothhawk
    replied
    Hi Kieron, and welcome to the vine

Leave a comment:

• Kieron75
    replied
    Many thanks guys for the welcomes etc. I will attach some photos of my mistress, sorry my allotments!

(By the way I do call my allotments my mistress as it's hard work but rewarding!)

Have a fab Christmas, hope the big fat red man brings what we need for our plots.

Kieron

Leave a comment:

• PyreneesPlot
    replied
    Hello and welome from another happy skip-diver (although it is much harder here as the French already seem to keep, make do and mend, well round these parts anyway)!
    Enjoy the Vine

Leave a comment:

• Lisasbolt
    replied
    Helcome to the vine

Leave a comment:

• Jay22
    replied
    Hello and welcome Magpie, hope you enjoy the Vine!

Leave a comment:

• Lumpy
    replied
    Hello, I am glad that you and yours have joined us. Like you many of us grow on a tight budget so any tips and ideas we have to share with each other will always be good.

Leave a comment:

• Bill HH
    replied
    Welcome, even scrap wood and stuff can be knocked up to quite impressive structures, much nicer to look at than plastic or metal sheds in my opinion. Keep up the good work.

Leave a comment:

• Verinda
    replied
    Hello, welcome to the forum

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Hi and welcome to the vine

Leave a comment:

• Scarlet
    replied
    Hello and welcome to the vine Kieron, I agree - you can't beat a bit of the outdoors to improve your health and wellbeing! Getting food to the table is the icing on the cake! I love your nickname .
    Photos would be lovely.

Leave a comment:

• Kieron75
    replied
    Unfortunately as I'm sure many plots have, we do have one or two holders who we nickname the Clipboard Police who make a point of going around and tutting and huffing at other plots. Even had one of the guys measure my large shed to ensure its not breaching the permitted sizes. However I don't give a damn and just let it ride over me as the majority of the holders are fab guys and support each other when needed and leave each other alone to how we do it.

Leave a comment:

• Alison
    replied
    Originally posted by Kieron75 View Post
    Bill has MS and I have mental health issues and find our allotment a big part of our life therapy and it's true what they say, the soil is good for the soul. We have made loads of raised beds to keep the workload down as much as we can, even made our large shed and pollytunnel out of scrap wood etc. Our rule for the allotment is everything must be free or under £5 in total. Hence I'm nicknamed Magpie by my beautiful wife Stephy. Skip diving is a must!
    Being out in the open is good for many health issues both physical and mental so glad to see you're both getting the benefit on your plots as well as he bonus of healthy and fresh fruit and veggies. I too like the make do and mend approach to allotmenteering and despair at some sites negative attitude to this, pleased your site has its priorities right and doesn't have the rather snobbish belief that everything should be shiny, new and uniform across a site .

Leave a comment:

• Snadger
    replied
    With a thread title of ding dong, you are either an Avon Lady or your second names Bell!

Welcome to the vine, Magpie and Stephy!

Leave a comment:

• veggiechicken
    replied
    Hello and a very warm welcome to you all
    You can't beat a bit of skip-diving

Leave a comment:

• bearded bloke
    replied
    Hello & Welcome

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics