• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello there and welcome to the Vine
    sigpic

Comment

Hi!
      You'll get masses of help/advice/ideas etc from all this knowledgeable 'bunch'
      Happy growing!
      ~~~ Gardening is medicine that does not need
      a prescription ... And with no limit on dosage.
      - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

Hello Caz = welcome to THE font of all things garden.
        I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

Hello and a very warm welcome to the Vine Caz
          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Hi and welcome to the vine
            What do you get if you divide the circumference of a pumpkin by its diameter?
            Pumpkin pi.

Comment

Welcome! Dont worry you will learn so much here that suddenly you dont have enough time / space / both to grow everything you want to!!

Comment

Hey everyone, thank you all so much for the warm welcome! And thank you for the info on my account, I shall keep my eyes open on that.

Unfortunately my back garden is decking, so I'm using a combination of pots, troughs and growing bags. I've so far managed a reasonable crop of potatoes and carrots and have a pumpkin ready for Halloween. I'm super pleased because I didn't think I'd get anything! I've also got some chilli plants that I've had a small harvest from, a few red and white onions (though they looked more like spring onions! ), 1 garlic bulb and I have some tomatoes plants that have a total of 6 tomatoes on them. I'm hoping they can go red before the frost sets in! Various herbs also including rosemary, chives, parsley, coriander, basil, thyme and spinach.

Next year I'm hoping to expand my veg selection and start trying with a few fruit trees or bushes

In the meantime, is there anything I can grow outdoors during a northern winter?

Comment

Welcome to the forum Caz
                  The best things in life are not things.

Comment

Welcome Miryme from a recent noob.

Comment

Originally posted by Miryme View Post
                      In the meantime, is there anything I can grow outdoors during a northern winter?
                      If you can pick up some Spring Brassica plugs you may be ok. Also Autumn Onion sets & Garlic.
                      sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                      --------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                      -------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                      -----------------------------------------------------------
                      KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

I'm up north too and trying purple sprouting broccoli, leeks, garlic and broad beans - not sure how successful they'll be (since we are allegedly forecast a terrible winter) but always worth a go!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X