No announcement yet.

Hi all

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi and welcome, I like your set up and I think you were correct in going for shallower raised beds, they take a lot of filling. Regarding your underground water tank, how are you filling it? and will you be pumping the water out?
    photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

Hi Bill,

The tank that is sunk into the ground will be the sump tank for the aquaponics system. The gravel filled grow beds will drain into it and i will use a pump to pump it from the sump tank back upto the fish pond above the polytunnel, from there it will drain back into the gravel grow beds.

For now i just filled it with the hose to keep it in the ground but i am building a rain water collection system that will hopefully supply the whole polytunnel. I will have 2 1500l tanks located further up the field that i have already laid the pipework for. I will collect rain water off the barn roof into a 1000l IBC tank from there it will be pumped upto the 2 1500l tanks at the top of the field. I plan to run a float switch and a timer so the system will be fairly automated once built. From the 2 1500l tanks it will be gravity fed back to the polytunnel for irrigation systems and for the aquaponics.

Cheers

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X