Clear All

• Knight of Albion
    replied
    A very warm welcome to the forum!

Leave a comment:

• Hazel at the Hill
    replied
    Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
    I think that Court Lane allotments have a plant sale this weekend if you want to go and have a look somewhere fairly local - I'm sure I saw a notice for it. Also craft stuff, I think.

I'm just out the door now, but will post later if I find out more.
    Sorry - it was last weekend.

Leave a comment:

• Hazel at the Hill
    replied
    I think that Court Lane allotments have a plant sale this weekend if you want to go and have a look somewhere fairly local - I'm sure I saw a notice for it. Also craft stuff, I think.

I'm just out the door now, but will post later if I find out more.

Leave a comment:

• Bigmallly
    replied
    Have a look here & good luck:

Location of Allotment Sites in Birmingham - Birmingham City Council

Leave a comment:

• Bigmallly
    replied
    Hello Family & welcome to the Jungle. Although Allotments as a rule do not sell produce, most do have plant sales at this time of year which is perfect for the likes of yourselves if you have the ground spare to grow stuff. Look up allotments in your area then go along and enquire if they have any plant sales coming up or even better if you fancy a bash, put your name down for a plot.

Leave a comment:

• Lumpy
    replied
    Hellooooooooooo!
    Welcome to the Vine. You could not have found a better place for all things edible.
    Do you fancy the idea of growing a few bits and pieces yourself as there are many fruit and veg that are really easy to get going with.
    Most of my stuff is grown (and I use that term loosely sometimes) in a collection of small raised beds, pots, tyres and even a council paper recycle trug.

Leave a comment:

• cariann88
    replied
    Hello and welcome to the vine

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Hello and welcome to the vine get yourself a comfy chair and have a good read at the forum plus the growing guides and post back if you have any questions.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Hi there, and welcome to the Vine

I think you might find that most allotment contracts forbid the sale of produce. Worth asking though

Leave a comment:

• veggiechicken
    replied
    Hello and welcome to the Forum.
    I'm moved your post into "Introduce yourself" where more people will see it. We offer Virtual help on the forum - just ask your questions and we'll do our best to give you answers - usually several different ones!
    Do you have a large garden?

Leave a comment:

• Help Learning to Grow Veg in Boldmere, Birmingham

I'm new to the forum, new to Boldmere, and entirely new to gardening! My husband and I try to live an eco friendly life but a way we entirely fail in that is in regard to diet, and actually working the land! I'd love to learn to grow veg but feel a bit overwhelmed by everything I'd need to learn. If anyone around here would have some time to spend helping us I'd be very grateful!

Also, I'm interested in buying veg directly from an allotment, does this happen? How could I enquire?

Apologies if this is in the wrong section of the forum!

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X