I love food.. so why not grow my own...

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grow Bag
    started a topic I love food.. so why not grow my own...

I love food.. so why not grow my own...

Hello everyone..

I am new to any kind of gardening, including growing veg, but thanks to my Dad, who is also a Grapevine member.. I now have the bug..

I live right by the sea on the Hampshire coast and currently have 6 chickens, 2 dogs, 2 cats, 2 rescue rabbits (I have been reading that their currants are fab to put straight into the garden.. (that's if the dogs don't eat them first).. the currants that is.. not the rabbits )).. and a very handy other half that will knock bits and bobs up for me when he's not tinkering with his lambrettas.

This weekend I have got my first ever proper greenhouse, 8' x 6' it is.. and I am in heaven already as I have had seeds germinating all over the house on various windowsills..

I love food and cooking.. so am very excited for this year's produce.. (I am waiting with anticipation to cook a sweet chilli jam I've had the recipe for for yonks)..

I have on the go tomatoes, chillies, peppers, potatoes, leeks, parsnips, pumpkin, squash and beetroot. With just 2 raised beds at the moment (but working on a third), I am looking for any receptacle that I can get my hands on for container planting..

I don't really have any idea what I'm doing yet.. so along with hints and tips from Dad.. welcome any advice (especially on the greenhouse front) from anyone willing to share and will be logging in for daytime reading as often as possible.

Thanks for listening..

Rachel (aka Grow Bag)

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X