Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Fareham in Hampshire. 1st Year allotmenteer.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Martin H View Post
    Is the garlic coming through yet?
    Hi Martin, yes *insert big smile* I have little shoots coming from the cloves. If I remember rightly I planted Elephant Garlic. Ten rather large cloves in total. I have a picture somewhere, you can't really make out the Garlic yet tho.

Greanleaves, it's usually the village idiots I hang about with, I understand them ;-)

A big THANK YOU to everyone for your kind words and warm welcome.

Comment

And a warm welcome from a not so warm Normandy

...mulled cidre to go with that mincepie perchance ??
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Hello Damian and welcome to the Vine. You will get lots of friendly helpful advice from your fellow grapes. I was and still am to a certain extent a newbie when I joined but have learned a lot from everyone in such a short time. I'm sure you will enjoy this forum very much.
        sigpic

Comment

Hello and welcome from the chilly French Pyrenees.
          What a great set of happy photos
          Le Sarramea https://jgsgardening.blogspot.com/

Comment

Hello Jay and welcome to the vine
            Carrie

Comment

Hello Jay, a warm welcome from the stormy west of Ireland
              The best things in life are not things.

Comment

Hello Jay and welcome to the vine. Your plot looks fantastic! Keep them photos coming, they are a nosey bunch on here!

Comment

Originally posted by Jay22 View Post
                  Hello Damian and welcome to the Vine. You will get lots of friendly helpful advice from your fellow grapes. I was and still am to a certain extent a newbie when I joined but have learned a lot from everyone in such a short time. I'm sure you will enjoy this forum very much.
                  You can't call yourself a newbie with nearly 600 posts!

Comment

Hi, thank you for your kind comments and warm welcomes.
                    Bonjour and Top 'o' the morning to ya to. Mulled cidre ? never tried that before, but yes please :-)

I've been very busy with reading lots of posts and making notes (making notes = printing out posts as I hate writing) and putting into my folder.
                    As well as that I'm beavering away at getting the base done for the greenhouse, which should be completed tomorrow. All of this while still working to boot .

Hopefully I'll be posting the photos and the 'what I did' in the Greenhouse section once I've got it up and glazed, sometime in early January.

*Note to self ... New Years resolution No. 5 - learn how to create and maintain a blog

Comment

Hello and a very warm, if somewhat belated welcome to the Vine. I must try and keep up
                      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
                        Hello and a very warm, if somewhat belated welcome to the Vine. I must try and keep up
                        Lol .... Hi Florence and thank you for your welcome. Indeed, thank you to everyone for your warm welcomes, kind words and advice.

Apologies in advance as sometimes I may not be able to reply straight away as work sometimes drags me away from home for a few days (or longer) at a time. When I get home I do try to catch up with things and not always successfully. So please do accept my apologies as I don't intend to be rude or ignorant.

Hope everyone has had a wonderful start to 2015, and I wish everyone a health and happy 2015. May it be filled with laughter and bountiful harvests :-)

Comment

Hello from Yorkshire, and good luck in the first year of your allotment.
                          My Autumn 2016 blog entry, all about Plum Glut Guilt:

http://www.mandysutter.com/plum-crazy/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X