No announcement yet.

Hello from sheffield

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Cheeseman, I'm just up t'road from you in West Yorkshire. I can't comment on strawbs as something always goes wrong with mine (this year they were eaten by a badger) but currant bushes are the bees knees - very little work and very rewarding. Plus they take up space on the allotment which cuts down the overall gargantuan task of growing things And don't forget gooseberries!
    My Autumn 2016 blog entry, all about Plum Glut Guilt:

http://www.mandysutter.com/plum-crazy/

Comment

I'm not a fan of gooseberries if I'm honest. But blackberries,raspberries and currents are wanted aswell as the strawberries. I saw that my local aldi are selling thornless blackberry pots at £4.99 along with gooseberries and red currents. Would they be worth it? Would it be ok to plant them straight away or wait? Same goes for raspberries if I get a few canes now are they going to survive and fruit next year?

On another not I've got a chillie plant (basket of fire) on the kitchen window sill, it seems to be doing pretty well as I've got 7 small chillies forming along with plenty of flowers. Should I feed it anything now the chillies are forming or just leave it to do its thing?

Comment

It's fine to plant anything container grown at any time of year, as far as I know. But if you wait till Feb/March, Aldi sell them bare root and they are a lot cheaper. I got 3 thornless blackberries for £2.49 earlier this year.

Not sure about chillis - hopefully someone else can answer that question!
        My Autumn 2016 blog entry, all about Plum Glut Guilt:

http://www.mandysutter.com/plum-crazy/

Comment

Hello there. Sorry a bit late in saying hello. So hello there and welcome
          sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X