No announcement yet.

Hello, Plant Pathologist here to help!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh how useful and interesting to have a plant pathologist on the vine! Welcome aboard RandM!
    Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

welcome to the vine.

“If your knees aren't green by the end of the day, you ought to seriously re-examine your life.”

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Charles Churchill : A dog will look up on you; a cat will look down on you; however, a pig will see you eye to eye and know it has found an equal

Comment

Originally posted by RandM View Post
        Also, in my experience, controlling this (Botrytis) is not very difficult with biological antagonists - if they are available where you live.
        That's a bit vague - what exactly are these biological antagonists that you speak of?

Comment

Specific info on commercial products for biocontrol of Botrytis

[QUOTE=rustylady;1109145]That's a bit vague - what exactly are these biological antagonists that you speak of?

Do a search for "biological control of botrytis commercial products" and you will find various research trials that have included microorganism-based products in trials. There may be commercial products where you live, and maybe not.

Comment

Do a search for "biological control of botrytis commercial products"
            Darn. I thought you'd be able to put it all into a nice succinct paragraph, with link

* One product is Serenade: contains a "unique naturally occurring strain of Bacillus subtilis" and claims to be organic and safe to use http://www.fargro.co.uk/leaflets/ser...eaflet0209.pdf
            Last edited by Two_Sheds; 25-03-2013, 09:03 AM.
            All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Did you se that Monty Don programme where he went to see that French man who never got blight in his greenhouse? He said it was because he went into the greenhouse every morning before touching any other plant. He made sure his clothes were clean first thing in the morning so he wasn't dragging any spores in with him. It might help :0
              You may say I'm a dreamer... But I'm not the only one...

I'm an official nutter - an official 'cropper' of a nutter! I am sooooo pleased to be a cropper! Hurrah!

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                Hello RandM and welcome - wish I could stop reading your name as Random
                Better than my version then, without glasses looked like Randy, LOL
                No offence intended!

Comment

welcome I have developed a little white fluff on the bottom of one of my strawberry seedlings.... so I took the plastic lid off and the seedlings in general are doing a bit better but I still have this white fluff at the base of 1.... it's not got worse or better.... what should I do?

Comment

Originally posted by carly View Post
                    welcome I have developed a little white fluff on the bottom of one of my strawberry seedlings.... so I took the plastic lid off and the seedlings in general are doing a bit better but I still have this white fluff at the base of 1.... it's not got worse or better.... what should I do?
                    Carly, plastic lids should be removed as soon as seedlings show. They need plenty of light and air circulation. Stand them outside for a bit during the day.

Comment

Originally posted by rustylady View Post
                      That's a bit vague - what exactly are these biological antagonists that you speak of?
                      Do a search for "biological control of botrytis commercial products" and you will find various research trials that have included microorganism-based products in trials. There may be commercial products where you live, and maybe not.

If you are here to help, then help! We can all google...

And could you pop your location into your profile please. Thanks.
                      Last edited by zazen999; 30-03-2013, 06:49 PM.

Comment

well Zaz just said what I've been thinking. If I had said what Zaz just said, I would have been blunt. !!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X