Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from the west of Ireland

Hello,

I'm not exactly new as I joined up ages ago but after making a couple of posts I lost my password and lost contact. Anyway Im very happy to be back.

I live near the sea so have to contend with a lot of Atlantic storms but I love my veggie and herb garden, it's organic and totally wildlife orientated. I have dug three ponds. I was concerned to see frogspawn appearing at the beginning of February, it seems far too early.

I am originally from Surrey.

I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone.

Fiona
    The best things in life are not things.

Hello and welcome back to the vine Fiona
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Hello Fiona - good to see you here
      It does seem early for frogspawn - nothing in my pond yet!!

Comment

Thank you both for the lovely welcome x

Comment

Welcome back to the madhouse Fi, handy for a bit of the old seaweed. Some grapes swear by it.
          sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
          --------------------------------------------------------------------
          Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
          -------------------------------------------------------------------
          Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
          -----------------------------------------------------------
          KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Hello from one of the newbies
            Quanti canicula ille in fenestra ?

Comment

Hi, and welcome. Your garden sounds lovely. You must have a fair bit of space for three ponds!
              We're travelling to Ireland in July this year for a drive tour holiday. We're heading to county Clare up to mayo and then across back to Dublin . Main point is to visit where husbands parents were from. His granny's home is still standing apparently. Any 'must see' places to visit along he way? Father Teds house is on my list, touristy I know but we're huge fans .
              Gardening forever- housework whenever

Comment

Hi Verinda, I love the sea, but live inland these days so I'll be envious when I see you posting.
                Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

Hi there- and welcome back!!!

...just have to ask you....do you still have your perennial runner bean??
                  Last edited by Nicos; 17-02-2013, 11:15 AM.
                  "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Yes I do still have my runner bean!! Its still green and leafy and twisting round the curtain rail. It will be seven years old in September! Amazing eh? Its never had any beans but I must admit I'm very fond of it!

Lettucegrowl, well there's lots of places to visit. The Cliffs of Moher, Connemara is amazingly beautiful, Croagh Patrick in Mayo is worth a climb, the view from the top is one of the best in the world...or am I biased! Clew Bay is beautiful too and there's lots of fantastic beaches all the way along the west coast. I'm sure you'll have a great time, so long as it doesn't rain too much!

Thank you all for the lovely welcome. Yes I collect seaweed for the garden. I appreciate living near the sea all the time.

Fiona

Comment

Hi...the West of Ireland bit just caught my eye...welcome to the Vine, and good luck with the coming season.

Connemara is one of my very favourite places in the world. Last year, we left room in the car for bags of seaweed to bring home for liquid feed. We were staying in a cottage on the seashore in Ballyconneely, and had two weeks of unbroken hot sunshine. The children stroked the ponies every morning, and we caught mackerel. Bliss!

Anyway, enjoy the Vine!
                      I don't roll on Shabbos

Comment

Hi from me too, I'm in Carlow right now for my Grand Daughters first birthday. Sadly heading home tomorrow but hopefully back over again in 2 or 3 months.

I'm looking forward to seeing some pics of your garden.
                        My blog - http://carol-allotmentheaven.blogspot.com/

Comment

Hi Rhona and Ananke,

Ballyconneely is really magical, I have camped there, a long time ago before I had children it was a wonderful time.

I bet you'd a great time in Carlow, first birthdays are always so special. I am rubbish at posting pics, it may take me some time to work out how to do it!

Comment

Hello from the Pyrenees.

Thumbs up for Cliffs of Moher from me too. Although perhaps the end of October was not the best time! Bit breezy...
                            Le Sarramea https://jgsgardening.blogspot.com/

Comment

Hello, and welcome to the Madhouse! My lovely Granddad was an Irish immigrant, but I'm ashamed to say I've not visited the Emerald Isle. Yet!
                              All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                              Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X