Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

maybe I should of done this first.. DOH!!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• maybe I should of done this first.. DOH!!

Hi all, amazing what threads you find when you look a bit closer isnt it

anyway, I'm Lisa, I live just south of Lincoln with my partner and our 3 kids.... We only got into growing our own a few years ago, I think it was a combination of having a big garden that looked wasted, well the weeds may not have agreed but hey, it was also partly that I did a degree in science and part of it was environmental science, we had to design a plot and lifestyle that was self sufficient, I sat and thought hmmm I could enjoy this, got a good mark so thought i'd give it a go , over the last couple of years its been whats kept me sane as I've not had a job since finishing uni

doesnt matter whether i'm happy, annoyed, fed up, or whatever i'll disappear in my greenhouse and potter...

anyway i'm loving reading what you all have to say in all these forum threads, and thanks to you all i remain motivated and think i've learnt loads from you all...

nice to meet you all and I look forward to reading more of your good stuff...

Cheers, Lise
    If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need. Marcus Tullius Cicero

my memories of my garden http://lisamcflisagarden.blogspot.co.uk/

Hi Lise, I'm enjoying this place as well. We're aiming for as much self sufficiency as we can - trouble is with or without a degree we're still all dependent on the weather

I too love going out in the garden - it has Psychomummy calming powers! Plants rarely talk back, and never, ever slam doors. Serously tho, my teens are all interested. One is in charge of the gardening this year, the other is putting in some money because he can't be here all the time, and my daughter...well she rides the horses that provide the fertiiliser!
    Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

Hi Lise and welcome from me too - but we have met several times before
      Its always good to know a little about new Grapes's interests and background (but only 'cos we're ever so nosey - absolutely nothing to do with gardening!).

Comment

Welcome to the vine Leese even though you already know your way around.
        sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
        --------------------------------------------------------------------
        Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
        -------------------------------------------------------------------
        Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
        -----------------------------------------------------------
        KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

His lisamcflica.....glad you lurking days are behind you.

How's the self sufficiently going? Welcome to the vine!

Loving my allotment!

Comment

Croeso i'r Vine.
            "A life lived in fear is a life half lived."

PS. I just don't have enough time to say hello to everyone as they join so please take this as a delighted to see you here!

Comment

Hello from me too.

Another one trying the self-sufficiency game. Currently 100% achieved in slugs and snails....
              Le Sarramea https://jgsgardening.blogspot.com/

Comment

Hello, and welcome to the Madhouse!
                All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

I'm impressed PP, growing your own "meat" & veg..........
                  sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                  --------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                  -------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                  -----------------------------------------------------------
                  KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

hi and thank you for the welcome from you all, the self sufficiency is increasing year on year, working progress i think is the phrase... this year has been, ermmm, testing, i think is the word...

my ultimate future wish is a river cottage idea, but I think it may probably stay that, an idea, but I can dream cant i
                    If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need. Marcus Tullius Cicero

Comment

We all have our dreams, Lisa, its up to you to make it reality

Comment

Hello Lise and a very warm official welcome to the Vine
                        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Yeah that's very true VC, if I didn't have financial limitations I would go for it, nothing tried is nothing gained after all... I'll stick with converting this once allotment plot that got built on back into partially it's original state.. And hi FF

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X