Hello

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

Hi all, my name is Philip and i am from Bath in somerset. My family has a fairly large garden and even though lots of it has been neglected to weeds and overgrown bushes we have quite a lot of decent plants, an orchard style area with a few apple and pear trees and a couple of years back we got a greenhouse.

My mission of late is to try and fill our garden with as many plants as possible to make it a much more enjoyable place for my family and our local wildlife. Im currently studying my A levels but even though ive been interested in gardening since i was little I am still at a begginers level but im keen to learn.

This year we made a wildflower patch which has lots of poppies, cornflowers and other wild flowers. I plan on collecting a lot of the seed to replant new plants next year. We also had a go at growing some veg which is doing nicely along with a few flowering plants such as sweet peas, scabious, lillies and a couple of dalhias. Next year I plan to grow a much wider range of plants in the garden and lots of flowers to attract bees, butterflies and other wildlife.

Hello and welcome to the vine Philip
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

welcome to the vine phillip,nice to have some younger blood,look forward to hearing and seeing pics of what you achieve,and good luck with your studdies,anything in particular you got in mind for after the a levels,
      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Hey Phil and welcome
        have a search around, it'l keep you out of mischief for a bit by the look of your avatar

Comment

Thanks for the replies, for what i want to do after my A levels I plan to go to university but the type of course exactly I havently decided on,

Comment

Hello, and welcome to the Madhouse!
            All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
            Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Hello Philip, What a lovely part of the world to live - and garden! I like wildflower gardens and the natural look - especially in years like this one when the bees and butterflies need all the help they can get.

Comment

Welcome to the vine Phil - nice to have you aboard!
                Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

Hello Phil and a very warm welcome to the Vine young man
                  Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Hi Phil

Welcome to the Vine

Andy
                    http://vegpatchkid.blogspot.co.uk/ Latest Blog Entries Friday 13 Mar 2015 - Sowing Update

Comment

Welcome to the vine Phil, happy jetsetting.
                      sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                      --------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                      -------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                      -----------------------------------------------------------
                      KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Hello All,

I am Ron New Member of Forum.....

Comment

Hi David and Ron - people usually start their own 'introduce yourself' threads so they stand out - welcome to the vine both of you! Let us know where you are based.
                          Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

Hello and welcome, phil.
                            and
                            hello and welcome, ron...(psst..what Jeanied said)
                            Last edited by MyLifeWithAndrew; 19-09-2012, 12:30 PM. Reason: I had more to say, I suppose.
                            My Very Bleak Garden Blog

Reece & The Chicks

In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.
                            Revelation 22:2

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X