Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi there! First time growing veg & excited to share my results!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you for the positive comments, everyone!

Originally posted by binley100 View Post
    Hi garden ninja. Welcome to the vine. Your balcony is amazing........wait till you start harvesting those wonderful toms and courgettes..........

I will pick my first two courgettes today.......the yellow ones.......
    They were sown ages ago so we've been harvesting one to two courgettes a week for over a month now. They literally grow overnight and are indeed very wonderful! It's so exciting to pick the first ones... I hope you enjoy them!

Originally posted by Newton View Post
    Looks great. Can't believe the size of your crops/plants - outside as well!!! Larger than my GH crops.
    I think it's because I sowed them really early March/April. They grew on the window sill and were brought out to the balcony when the weather was nice and right back in when it got too cold. Our flat was like a jungle until mid-May Also, it is a couple of degrees warmer on the balcony when the sun is out because of all the concrete and I believe this has really helped with their growth.
    Last edited by GardenNinja; 13-07-2012, 02:00 PM.

Comment

Well done! I think you've probably got better growing conditions that most with a balcony away from slugs and snails, and being able to water not get deluged
      I'm most impressed with your courgettes. Every time I plant out a plant, it gets eaten.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your courgettes, taff. I do feel very lucky I don't have slug/snail issues, it sounds like an absolute nightmare.

Comment

Hello and welcome, Ninja.
          Great use of space.
          My Very Bleak Garden Blog

Reece & The Chicks

In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.
          Revelation 22:2

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X