Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A quick hello

Hi everyone

Just getting into veggie gardening for myself... I used to spend many a day with my nan on hers when I was a kid.

I have put my name on the local council register for an allotment and in the meantime will be growing a limited amount of things in my small shared garden in pots and a couple of beds.

A bit late in the year I know for some things, but I'll do my best to catch up by planting and growing some things indoors and propagating.

Thanks for reading and happy growing to all.

Chris
    My new website for allotment beginners www.theallotmentshed.co.uk

My Facebook page Please take the the time to "LIKE" https://www.facebook.com/theallotmentshed

Follow on Twitter The Allotment Shed @TASallotment

Hi Chris and welcome. You'll find lots of us are behind with our sowing this year because of the weather.
    Have a wander around this site and ask away - we love questions!

Comment

Hello, and welcome to the Madhouse!
      All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
      Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
        Hi Chris and welcome. You'll find lots of us are behind with our sowing this year because of the weather.
        Have a wander around this site and ask away - we love questions!
        Thanks veggiechicken.. I hope that includes stupid one's ?

I was informed that my waiting list is approx 2 years.. With the amount of stuff I've sown today (if succesful with germination), I may need a "real" Plot in about six weeks after thinning out!

I was hoping (selfishly) that the weather so far this year would have not ruined my chances, so I figured that it would be worth the risk of some of my seeds being about a month or so behind schedule?

Chris

My Facebook page Please take the the time to "LIKE" https://www.facebook.com/theallotmentshed

Comment

Originally posted by Cue the Toms View Post
          Thanks veggiechicken.. I hope that includes stupid one's ?
          Chris
          The stupid questions are the best ones!! I can guarantee lots of stupid answers from yours truly - but you can ignore me!! Somebody sensible will be along later!
          Have a look at this http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...mal_65326.html It may help you feel better about sowing late!!

Comment

Hi Chris.
            Welcome to the forum. Like veggiechicken said, everyone's a wee bit behind this year. Saying that....I always am....
            If it comes from a plant, eat it. If it was made in a plant, don't!!

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
              The stupid questions are the best ones!! I can guarantee lots of stupid answers from yours truly - but you can ignore me!! Somebody sensible will be along later!
              Have a look at this http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...mal_65326.html It may help you feel better about sowing late!!
              I feel better about things now! Thanks.

I put my toms out 6 days ago (after hardening off) and they seem to be thriving... I am keeping a close eye on the night time temperatures (which are very mild here at the mo).

Sewn loads of seeds indoors and outside today so fingers crossed.

I was fortunate to be given a compost bin this weekend that was full to the brim of the lovely black gold stuff.. Here's hoping that will help all my seeds get off to a good start.

I'm as mad as a hatter and feel like I'm at home on here already.Thanks again.

Chris

Comment

You should fit in well, Chris! Throw your hat and strait jacket into the ring with us!

Comment

Welcome aboard, Q the T.

There are no stupid questions, only stupid answers.
                  Tried and Tested...but the results are inconclusive

Honorary member of the nutters club, by appointment of VeggieChicken

Comment

Welcome Cue the Toms, I'm always 6 months behind so don't worry I'm enjoying being here even tho I can't grow anything atm. Wont be long I'll bore you all thru one of your cold winters!
                    Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

Hello Chris and a very warm welcome to the Vine
                      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Welcome Cuety (get it?).

You show us yours and we'll show you ours. (Pictures).

So how does your shared garden arrangement work? Or is that a stupid question?

Comment

Hi Chris.

Welcome!

Chris

Comment

Hello and welcome to the vine Chris.
                            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Thanks Bren

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse