Hi all

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
    Don't give them free handouts though, employ them Ladybirds eat your greenfly, as do lacewings & hoverflies. Worms dig your soil, beetles & spiders eat slug eggs, blackbirds, starlings and robins will eat your vine weevil & chafer grubs ... etc etc
    Yes that's what I'm hoping for got tons of ladybirds in the garden at the moment, I left them plenty of places to hibernate in, I'm also hoping the numerous frogs/toads get in on the act eating all those pesky slugs aswell, its fun watching all the wildlife, my back gate leads out into some woods so I get plenty of bird visitors

Just waiting for a fairly nice day ( or 3) and I'll get the greenhouse up
    Can't decide how I'm going to do the floor actually if I put gravel down in the greenhouse I'm worried it will harbour disease and be hard to keep clean
    Last edited by Urban; 14-03-2012, 11:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Urban View Post
      Just waiting for a fairly nice day ( or 3) and I'll get the greenhouse up
      Can't decide how I'm going to do the floor actually if I put gravel down in the greenhouse I'm worried it will harbour disease and be hard to keep clean
      Go into "Undercover Operations" Urban, there is lots of info about greenhouse foundations.
      sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
      --------------------------------------------------------------------
      Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
      -------------------------------------------------------------------
      Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
      -----------------------------------------------------------
      KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Hello Urban welcome to the vine. I was a lurker for about a year before I registered
        Chris

My Allotment Journal @
        Google+ and Youtube

https://plus.google.com/106010041709270771598/posts

http://www.youtube.com/user/GrowingJournal/videos
        -

Updated Regularly-Last Update was 30-05-16

Comment

Hi and welcome to the vine. Its great here and you'll get loads of helpful advice.

Comment

Greenhouse is up, just need to get floor and staging sorted

Really impressed with it though, turned out to be a bit bigger than I expected, 12.5 * 8.5 aprox
            Is about 100 times better than the old 6*6 Argos polycarbonate one I had
            And a million times easier to build, really nice design

Is a waltons 12*8 extra tall polycarbonate greenhouse, I got the bronze one as it was about £50 cheaper than the green one, is more of an olive green colour in the flesh

I'll see if I can work out how to post some pictures once I got the floor done
            Last edited by Urban; 27-03-2012, 05:50 PM.

Comment

Well done you. I'd love a "proper" greenhouse. One day when my ship comes in. Sigh.
              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X