Shwmae! From south Wales x

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
    Okay, Okay. We've got the message - you're not really Welsh. Bet you wish you were!!
    I have to keep telling my self this... it keeps me on the light side! The pull of the dark side is constant you see. My family are even trying to tell my 2yo that a cuddle is a cutch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Hello Welshmummy and a very warm welcome to the Vine. Take no notice of that lot ^^^, your nationality is not your fault, at least Chris had a choice
      Seriously, it is a smashing forum with loads of information and advice for growing and plenty of fun as well.
      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Welcome WM. as Taff says you will become addicted to growing and the site. Good to show the children how the plants grow too.

Have fun....

Loving my allotment!

Comment

Originally posted by Welshmummy View Post
          I am hoping this year to try and grow as much as I can firstly to help our struggling food budget and secondly show and teach my children where and how they get their food.
          Welcome!
          You'll be growing peas, sweetcorn & strawberries then ! (kids won't eat anything else lol)
          Seriously, grow what is easy (spuds) or what is dear in the shops

Originally posted by Welshmummy View Post
          may also be getting a compost bin from a council scheme and a water butt from freecycle.
          You definitely need a composter, you'll be producing lots of peelings etc, and your soil will need feeding with it
          One water butt will quickly empty come spring. I've got 4 at home and 5 at the lotty (linked so they flow into each other), they can be emptied in a couple of weeks of hot weather.
          All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Hello and welcome to the vine Welshmummy
            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Originally posted by chrismarks View Post
              So, is shwmae a village then? My brother in law lives in erm ystradgwlais or something. Very beautiful there (which I think is around Swansea-ish?)
              ha ha ha. No Shwmae means hello. Im from Port Talbot which is near Swansea and my son regularly plays rugby in Ystradgynlais.

and Yes Cwtch is the best word for cuddle.

With 'Ponty Ping' (microwave) being my other favourite.
              R.I.P Marco 'Super SIC' Simoncelli. Forever our champion x x x

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
                Welcome!
                You'll be growing peas, sweetcorn & strawberries then ! (kids won't eat anything else lol)
                Seriously, grow what is easy (spuds) or what is dear in the shops
                Im actually really lucky that my son Ben loves veg, he doesn't like meat though so he eats 90% of veg and absolutely loves broccolli and cauliflower. The only things hes a bit hit and miss with are sprouts and turnip and by turnip I mean Turnip and not swede. Everything else he loves.
                R.I.P Marco 'Super SIC' Simoncelli. Forever our champion x x x

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X