Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello!

Hello!

My name's Kelly (but sometimes my Husband Jon will post - just to keep everyone on their toes) I'm just outside Newcastle upon Tyne.

We live in a new build semi with an average sized garden. We have lots of 'indoor' pets (a lakelandXborder terrier called Albert, 2 rats, loads of fish) and a few 'outdoor' pets (an ex-batt chicken - we had 3 up until last month when we had to 'dispatch' 2 because they were poorly, 2 khaki campbell ducks and a ferrel guinea pig) We also have 3 children (who are allowed to free-range indoors and outdoors - we're kind like that!) We have at the moment got a couple of young cockerels but I'm desperately trying to rehome them - if they don't go over the weekend however I'm afraid they'll be for the chop

We try to grow what we can in the garden but the chicken/ducks destroy anything green out there - we don't like to see them penned in however so we've come up with teh idea of fencing in our borders, it's working fine so far and we've got a fine crop of sprouts, cauliflowers, sweetcorn and spuds.

I've developed a serious addiction to ducks so we're digging them a nice pond this weekend - about 8 foot x 6 foot. I'm going to build a Skippy bio filter so hopefully it'll be a nice feature in our garden and not a stagnant hole! Once it's done Im going to get a couple more ducks - babies this time to raise in a brooder. Can't wait!

I bet you are popular with your neighbours.......rats and cockerels!

Anyway welcome to the vine. It's great here and everyone is so helpful........we look forward to your posts.

Loving my allotment!

Comment

Hello Kelly and Jon and a very warm welcome to the Vine. We're always on our toes on here, you must have noticed. Sounds good fun at your house!
      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Hello, and welcome to the madhouse - sounds like you'll fit right in!
        All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
        Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Hello both, welcome to the vine!

Your intro reminds me of giles of sue's good life! BBC - BBC Two Programmes - Giles and Sue Live the Good Life

Comment

Hello and welcome.
            http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/sarajjohnson
            http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...blogs/pipkins/

Comment

Hello Kelly and Jon and welcome to the vine
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

hello and welcome
                a feral giunea pig? hee hee!! I/we used to have a feral rabbit, he was big and kept all the neighbours cats out of the garden

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X