Hello everyone

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello everyone

Hello all, new to this site so just wanted to say hello. First proper attempt at veg gardening this year. All okish at the moment. Will no doubt be asking some questions soon though. Cheers Andy

Hi Andy, welcome to the Vine (or the Madhouse as it is sometimes known). Lots of good company and advice on here. Could you add your location to your profile please? That way it shows up on your posts and helps when giving advice. You could also tell us a bit about yourself (also in your profile) if you wish to. Happy gardening

Comment

Hello and welcome to the vine Andy
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Hi and welcome to the Vine from me too. We're a friendly bunch, so don't be afraid to get stuck in . What are you growing this year?

Comment

Hello, and welcome to the Madhouse!
          All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
          Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Welcome from me too!

Comment

Hello and a very warm welcome to the Vine.
              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Hello Andy and a good old Yorkshire welcome to the vine from Jinny Cat & Meeee. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.

Comment

Hi Andy, welcome to the Vine from me too.

paul.
                  Help Wildlife.
                  Take only photos-leave only footprints-Kill only time.

Comment

Hi everyone, thanks for all your very warm welcomes. I have finally filled most of my profile in so now you know I am from Warwickshire, just out side of Stratford upon Avon, heading out towards Evesham. This is really my first proper attempt at veg gardening and really any gardening actually. I am just trying a bit of most things that we buy at the supermarket and the list of things I have on the go are:- runner beans and french beans, peas, lettuce, beetroot, leeks onions and garlic, carrots, purple brocc and green brocc ( is this called calibrese? Pardon the spelling?) sprouts, new potatoes, and a few fruit plants, strawbs and rasberries, blackcurrants and rhubarb. I did have a smallish greenhouse I put up in late March. It was ok and I had chosen to build it without a base, anyway I decided about 6 weeks ago it would be better on a base so I loosened its ground fixings and slightly moved it so I could put in a concrete base, over night, and the next day we had extreme winds and it got smashed to bits!!! Talk about bad timing and also the fact I should of put the base in before I built it!! lol Anyway it had poly carbonate windows and most got ripped out, I managed to put some back in and in there I have a few tomato plants which are doing okish and also a few pepper plants which look healthy but are hardly growing, maybe they are not getting enough warmth? So has you can see I have got quite a varried veg plot but as I say I`m just doing a bit of each to see which works out well and which we enjoy the most. I am lucky in that we have a really good sized plot at the back of the house where there is room to expand and as long as I don`t take up too much room so the kids can play I have full backing from the wife!! lol
                    My greenhouse is not repairable so its coming down in the near future and I am considering getting a polytunnel in its replacement so I may be asking advice on this in the future. Anyway I think I`m rambling now. So as I said, thanks for your welcome. Andy

Comment

Hello & welcome

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X