Thought i'd better introduce myself

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thought i'd better introduce myself

I've already made some posts on the forum, but I had better introduce myself properly.

My name is Rob and i'm from Welling in Kent.

I've never done this before and am totally new. My reasons are......I want my food to be as fresh as possible, it's much better value for money, I dont want to have to drive to the supermarket when I fancy a quick salad or need some chillies for a curry and I imagine there's a sense of personal achievement when you sit down and enjoy what you have grown.

This year I will be container gardening. Next year, I hope to build some raised beds.

I have already made my first mistake. My cucumber seeds have germinated nicely, but apparently it's too early and they probably won't survive. Quite sad really

I'm sure I will get enough tips on here to stop everything from being a total disaster.

So get ready for the questions

I'm a bit of a night owl as well, so a lot of my posts will be quite late.

Welcome to the Vine - from a fellow nightowl. I hope you have a lovely summer of gardening, don't worry about the cucumbers sow some more later.

francesbean
    My Square Foot Gardening Experiment Blog :
    http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...log_usercp.php

Comment

Originally posted by robfosters View Post
      I imagine there's a sense of personal achievement when you sit down and enjoy what you have grown.
      You have no idea

It's brilliant.

Don't worry about cukes, sow some more later on. Probably my silliest mistake was to plant loads of mint in amongst my spuds
      Or maybe it was cutting some one metre beds out of the grass because I thought the grass was pretty and should stay (it was couch )
      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Hello and a very warm welcome to the vine from Jinny Cat & Me.

Comment

Hello and a toasty welcome to the Vine!
          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Hi Rob, welcome to the Vine from me too. Hope you have a good years growing.

paul.
            Help Wildlife.
            Take only photos-leave only footprints-Kill only time.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X