Hi

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi

Hello Everyone, after a couple of years of growing on an allotment we've moved, so I'm back to square one at the end of the waiting list Oh well, I suppose it will give me some time to get the decorating done, and of course, there's still the garden
    So, I'm joining in the hopes of filling the allotment gap with all of the fun you're having, and the odd question about growing in my garden too

Hi Dirtgirl.

Welcome to the Vine. We have just got our lottie, I cant imagine having to wait for one again!

You will like it here. Really quite a nutty bunch!
    Little ol' me

Has just bagged a Lottie!
    Oh and the chickens are taking over my garden!
    FIL and MIL - http://vegblogs.co.uk/chubbly/

Comment

Thanks Munch, I'm really missing my old allotment folk (yes, even the grumpy ones) so I need some crazy GYO types to keep me sane

Comment

Hello and welcome to the vine dirtgirl
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Hello and a very warm welcome to the vine from Jinny cat & Me as well. Sorry to hear about you having to give up your allotment. But growing in your garden is just as much fun and it's outside ya back door. And when it comes to crazy...you've come to the right place...I think were all a little mad

Comment

Thanks for the welcome Bren and Ginger Ninger.
            After an hour reading through the vegetable threads, and now having major seedling envy, I'm off to find where I've packed my seed box, and see what I've got that I can grow in tubs. We're planning a major overhaul of the garden this year, so if they're in tubs, at least they'll be portable

Comment

Plenty of GYO crazy types on here Dirtgirl, but I can't think of any grumpy ones! A very warm welcome to the Vine. I hope you don't have to wait long for an allotment, but in the meantime happy growing in your garden.
              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Thanks Florence.
                Having dug out my seed box, I've narrowed down my collection to what I can grow in the garden, but am having trouble narrowing down which varieties to choose, especially tomatoes and squash, choices, choices. Not complaining though, it's great to be growing again on any scale

Comment

Grow a few of each variety, rather than a lot of one?
                  Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Thanks Florence, but (without actually counting the seed packets, which is best avoided ) I have about 20 squash varieties to choose from, and... a lot of tomato varieties (helped by a visit to the seed swap at a local potato day, other allotmenteers, and of course the many different suppliers online), so still need to narrow it down further

Comment

Welcome to the madhouse, Dirtgirl! Seeds addicts!? Us!? Nah! OK, maybe...
                      All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                      Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Thanks G4, trying to reign myself in this year as I have more than enough already, but it's so tempting just to look, and then it'll be just one or two packets, and then...
                        Hey, there's alot worse things to be addicted to

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X