Hello!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello!

Hello, time to introduce myself i think!

I'm from Sunny Cumbria (sunny at the moment after over a week of gales and heavy rain!)

Last year i grew most of my veg in pots, with varying results, most not good, we have a patio on the back garden, no grass. This year i decided to pull the patio up and do the job properly, so half of its up now, with some onions planted and nothing else.

fairly new to veg growing, tplanted carrots, cauli, broccolli, parsnip, taties, sweetcorn, tomato last year, the only thing that worked was the taties & Sweetcorn!! i have a lovely broccolli head, but read too late you had to pick it before it flowered!!! i have a lovely show of flowers, and nothing else LOL

finding information on the internet very confusing, R.E planting & harvesting times, so this website is a help, but i really must join in more! Just subscribed to the mag for the first time.

more about me, because im waffling! im 32, my hubby hates gardening, would love an allotment, but no chance round here we also have 2 horses, 2 dogs, 5 cats. Free rotted manure if you live up here!

Hi Splatcat (love the name by the way) and a very warm welcome to the Vine.
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Hello Splatcat and another very warm welcome from Jinny cat & me as well.

Comment

thankyou!

Comment

Hello and welcome to the vine! Maisie cat is here waving a paw.
          Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

LOL i love cats, wish they would stay outa the veg plot tho!!

i just phoned up for an allotment, 5 Years!!!! what a waiting list!! ohh well, back to my garden lol xx

Comment

Hi Splatcat Welcome to the madhouse.

I am ona 2-3 year wait for an allotment, I have already served nearly a year
              Little ol' me

Has just bagged a Lottie!
              Oh and the chickens are taking over my garden!
              FIL and MIL - http://vegblogs.co.uk/chubbly/

Comment

Hello and welcome to the vine Splatcat

I also started out growing in pots then last year we filled in the garden pond and moved a few shrubs so I could have beds instead.
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Originally posted by Munch View Post
                  Hi Splatcat Welcome to the madhouse.

I am ona 2-3 year wait for an allotment, I have already served nearly a year
                  Spookily a few hours after I said this I got the call to say I can have an allotment. There is hope people!
                  Little ol' me

Has just bagged a Lottie!
                  Oh and the chickens are taking over my garden!
                  FIL and MIL - http://vegblogs.co.uk/chubbly/

Comment

Originally posted by Munch View Post
                    Spookily a few hours after I said this I got the call to say I can have an allotment. There is hope people!

Brilliant! i just located the owner of some other local allotments, noone seems to know about them, i myslelf just presumed they were part of the council ones..

Theres only 3 people on the waiting list!!! theres 4 now including me, so may not be such a long wait, of course it may still be a few years!

on another note, after having problems with the district council ones, having not resided in their actual parish, and going further down their list, my friend who helps me with the fruit collecting and jam making has put her name down for one, to share with me, and she lives in the correct area, so its looking more and more hopeful!!

Comment

Where there is a will - there is an allotment!
                      Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

Hi, and welcome to the madhouse!
                        All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                        Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeanied View Post
                          Where there is a will - there is an allotment!
                          i like that! lol, i suppose its not technally sub-letting, as she will be working alongside me, but i will be doing most of the work.. she like to harvest, but thats it.. a warm weather gardener i think LOL

thanks for the welcomes!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X