hello

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hello

hi im new to this site just found it today, i aquired an allotment about 6 weeks so im new to that too so any tips would be much appreciated i havnt done much down there tho yet due to the weather and to be honest im a bit nervous too as ive never grown anything before.

hello!
    You've jumped in at the deep end then?
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by sunflower96 View Post
      hi im new to this site just found it today, i aquired an allotment about 6 weeks so im new to that too so any tips would be much appreciated i havnt done much down there tho yet due to the weather and to be honest im a bit nervous too as ive never grown anything before.
      what's the allotment like? does it need tons doing to it before you get to the planting stage?

Comment

Hallo Sunflower, welcome to the vine. You'll get all the help you need on this forum and everyone's very friendly. I expect you'll find some friendly bods down at the lottie too.

Comment

hi sunflower, welcome, do stick with this site - try to visit regularly, partic the "Vegging Out" section, and you'll pick up a lot of tips quickly.... Couple of other tips, if you're a complete beginner there's a lot of books on what/when/how to grow on allotments and you'll find one of those invaluable. Don't pick an over-complicated one but a basic guide, one that seems very straightforward and reasonably priced. And as you're on an allotment, chat to neighbours and ask them what they're doing now... Rainy weather is quite a good time to do that as you're less likely to be interrupting some essential task ! Their advice is likely to be the best for the soil, aspect etc and what you could realistically best be doing at this stage of the season. b.

Comment

Welcome to the Vine....get down there and start growing.....and like the rest of us learn by the successes....and pretend the failures never happened.
            My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

thank you for all your welcomes and advice, ckfe you asked what it was like well im really lucky as it was just over grown grass and a feww weeds,[IMG][/IMG]

this where i am at at the moment, im going down there at the weekend to do some more.[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

im very interested to any helpfull tips thanks

Comment

Welcome to the vine, Sunflower, from a fellow West Midlander. You have picked the right place to gain knowledge on your "lottie"

Chick
                  http://www.robingardens.com

Seek not to know all the answers, just to understand the questions.

Comment

you've done a really good job of clearing it

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X