Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First timer!

Hi everyone,

Its my first time growing veg this year after my dad gave me some runner bean plants at the beginning of summer.

In the past I always skipped over the veg sections in all the gardening magazines thinking they didnt apply to me as i havent got an allotment and never grown anything to eat ever! But I think I'm completely hooked now! This summer I've grown lettuces, raddish, spinach in drawers from an old chest and the beans in tubs. Also growing a courgette in a green veg tray like the ones in Tesco which I've had a few from and taste lovely. Have also got some peas in the garden but they were from B & Q and i buried the 'plantable' pot as instructed so im not sure what variety they are lol! My OH is totally not into the whole gardening thing and I only get a raised eyebrow when I drag him outside to show him the newest green shoot or seedling!

Lucy

Hey hey hey, only 14 mins new!! welcome to the vine m'dear, lots of nice people and much knowledge to be mined, have fun.
    Last edited by ohbeary; 19-07-2009, 02:55 PM.
    Eat well, live well, drink moderately and be happy (hic!)

Comment

Thanks very much!

Comment

welcome to the vine so much satisfaction when things start coming up

Comment

Welcome to the vine....hope you have fun here.
          My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

Diamond Lucy, when OH gets used to the taste of home grown veg he will change his mins about GYO>

And when your back stops aching,
            And your hands begin to harden.
            You will find yourself a partner,
            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X