Hello From West Wales

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello From West Wales

Hello, just signed up to the forum as it looks like it will come in handy. I'm into my second year of growing veggies and expanding what I've grown. Did well with tomatoes (first ever jars of chutney too!) peas and salad stuff. Trying squashes and more root vegetables this year as well as bringing up the peas and tomatoes again. Have a small greenhouse, lots of containers and a bit of a patch, lots of enthusiasm but little knowledge, so hope to get tips and advice from the threads here, which have already helped me.

Hello Diobach! Welcome to the Vine.
    AKA Angie

Comment

Fellow gardener

Hi' I'm in West Wales too, been busy today trying to get as much done as possible before the rain comes in tomorrow. It's been a glorious day and should warm up the soil and get things germinating.The only trouble is that the weeds grow twice as fast as the veggies!
      Lotttieval

Comment

Hi Lottieval, yeah been great, got lots of new stuff planted up today, got my peas into my outside patch and gave the greenhouse a scrub as it was turning green. Hello to Selfraising too.

Comment

Hi DioBach
          And Welcome to the Vine!
          As a Grape you will find people so helpful and ready to spend much of their time giving you free advice
          It is lovely

Keep us all posted on how your garden grows!
          Iamhanuman

New Boy & Son Blog My Blog about a new gardener's experiences with his son

AND PLEASE CHECK OUT MY DEAR WIFE'S BLOG
          Independent Minds

Comment

Hi DioBach

We are on our second year of growing too. We learnt a lot on our first year so this year we hope to learn even more especially now we might have help from the wise folk on this forum.

Good luck.

Sellis

Comment

Welcome DioBach
              Again, I am also into my second year growing. Getting rather excited now spring is here, just wish the weather would hold out so I can get a bit more done.
              Good luck with the season.
              J
              BW
              James

I like to try, might not get far, but I like to try.

Comment

Hello to the new grapes from West Wales. Where are you guys?
                Happy Gardening,
                Shirley

Comment

Hi all

Shirlthegirl, I'm in Saundersfoot. Just went out to check to peas I put in yesterday and finish the greenhouse cleaning. One of my cats decided to leave a deposit right on the base of one, despite the patch being entirely fleeced over to keep her off, and surrounded by a small fence to stop keep her out. Rather than go to the end of the garden and use the derelict patches, she has become attached to my vegetable patch.

Wouldn't mind if it was good clean manure, but cat's poo is anything but...

Comment

Hi Shirlthegirl,
                    Whereabouts in the county are you, I'm in Pembroke? I put two rows of peas in the lottie this morning but I think it's going to rain before very long.

At least Doibach has his own cat to blame, in my garden it's the neighbours' cats, horrible creatures!

Comment

I am just across the water - Neyland way.

We grow in the garden and have 5 hens as well. Our cat is also a garden pest but the dog is no trouble.
                      Happy Gardening,
                      Shirley

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X