I’m back……

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’m back……

Hi all had a few years out both of gardening and the forum life got busy with a toddler returning to work and I just got lost along the way.

I am determined to restart my veg patch which has been covered the last couple of years I may be late planting but have some garlic and shallot sets ordered and I’m feeling really excited.

Fantastic to see you back Chrissy.
    Cant believe your bundle of joy is what…about 3 1/2 years old now?
    I became a Covid granny by the way…where are the months and years flying?

Glad to hear you are motivated back into gardening - no doubt your little’un will want to get involved too!
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Welcome back Chrissy

Have a read at this link on gardening with a little one.

https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...ld#post2565814
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Hi Chrissyteacup (love your username). Nice to meet you *wave*

Comment

Hello and welcome back.

Very sensible covering your patch. I wish I'd done that... You'll be off to a flying start.

Comment

Thanks all ☺️ that’s right Nicko she’ll be 4 in April! Aww so they’ll be around the same age! How the time flys! Thanks for that Bren I’ve already got some overalls for her and some mini gardening gloves so she can copy me 🤣
            nice to meet you too Andstrate!
            Thanks Snoop got a couple of compost boxes full to the brim too so hoping I’ll have a good return!
            Last edited by Chrissyteacup; 19-10-2023, 01:10 PM.

Comment

Welcome back, enjoy daughter and gardening as both bring great joy into your life, though be prepared for a lot of frustration, and you will have to guess from where
              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Haha I’m sure I’ll have a lot of weed replanting to do as she tends to be over zealous but I know she’ll love lasting seeds and watering!

Comment

Welcome back Chrissy
                  Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Great to see you back Chrissy.
                    Gardening with a toddler it's a whole different experience. 🌱

And when your back stops aching,
                    And your hands begin to harden.
                    You will find yourself a partner,
                    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

thanks Florence 😊

Originally posted by bramble View Post
                      Great to see you back Chrissy.
                      Gardening with a toddler it's a whole different experience. 🌱
                      Haha I’m sure it will be but she’s keen she already wants to plant seeds out of a pepper so I’m sure she’ll love planting the seeds as she’s at preschool now I’ll have a day where il be able to potter a little without her “help” but mostly I plan on involving her!

Comment

Great to see you back Chrissy, I too became a Covid granny…around 1-2 weeks after Nicos. I’m not surprised you’ve had to take time out with a toddler on the go but enjoy being back in your veg patch!!
                        sigpic

Comment

Aww that’s lovely Jay do you get your grandchild round to help out in the garden much? I did manage to grow in the greenhouse year before last but didn’t do anything at all this year and I have missed it but I just couldn’t commit to it and the greenhouse still needs a clear out afterwards but now she’s at preschool so I have a little more time to myself I hoping I can make it work!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X