Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old member, back to say hello

Greetings everybody that remembers me!
    Think I last posted late 2019. Figured I'd look in, see who's about...
    I was most active on the chilli threads - be nice to hear from Scarlet, Small Pumpkin, Nicos, Mrs T if you guys are still around(?)
    So yes, I'm keeping my hand in with the chillies but on a much smaller scale now. Had a total break in 2020, dabbled a bit last year with some standard, shop raised plants (two each of Jalapeno, and Apache), but have them happily dormant ready to come back bigger and stronger in the spring. With exception of one month furloughed back in March 2020 I was working as normal throughout the rest of the covid weirdness. I for one am hopeful this year and season it will be mostly back to normal.
    Hope everyone is well.

Well…hello there - and welcome back to the Vine!
    Ms-T is still running the chilli thread.

I think / know the last couple of years has been weird for most of us. This year I intend to get back on top of my massive garden.
    People joke about ‘Covid Hair’…
    I have a ‘Covid garden’ !

Great to see you back with us again​​​​​​​
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Welcome back Philthy

I've only got one chilli just now a Orange habanero hopefully it's going to survive its 3rd winter.
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Good to see you again P!!
        sigpic

Comment

Hiya nice to see you back.. I'm still growing chillies

Comment

Hello and welcome back, Philthy.

I had a few months on the Spanish scheme for the self-employed and very grateful I was for it too. Got my fingers crossed too for 2022 as a better year.

I'm not usually very ambitious when it comes to chillies but am thinking of growing my usual cayenne peppers and maybe a Thai chilli this year. So I might see you over at the chill thread later this year. Looks like last year's thread is still running, Ms-T?
            https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...e4#post2540509

Comment

Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
              Hello and welcome back, Philthy.

I had a few months on the Spanish scheme for the self-employed and very grateful I was for it too. Got my fingers crossed too for 2022 as a better year.

I'm not usually very ambitious when it comes to chillies but am thinking of growing my usual cayenne peppers and maybe a Thai chilli this year. So I might see you over at the chill thread later this year. Looks like last year's thread is still running, Ms-T?
              https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...e4#post2540509
              Just waiting till all the seeds get home and then i will start another one , Snoops.

Comment

Welcome back philthy . I cautiously began growing chillies for the first time last year, with just two windowsill plants, which are still fruiting now.
                Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                Endless wonder.

Comment

Great to see you again Welcome back

Comment

Welcome back Philthy
                    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Good to hear from you again.

Comment

Good to see you again
                        Location ... Nottingham

Comment

HI nice to see you again,i have not looked around the forum lately,so would like to say

hello and welcome to anyone that i have missed
                          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
                            Welcome back Philthy

I've only got one chilli just now a Orange habanero hopefully it's going to survive its 3rd winter.
                            That's great going, Bren

Mothhawk, do you know which variety you have? If you're undecided, Snoop, Thai Dragon is a great example - I grew it several times but not recently, and its a prolific fruiter.

Thanks for the kind words everybody. Its funny, I literally grew nothing in 2020, and at the time it was nice to have a break and use the time saved on other ventures, well, as much as was feasible in the circumstances Then in spring of last year I worried I might have lost the interest as I had no motivation to get back into growing then either. But then I bought a couple of plants in a garden centre in early summer, and within a couple of weeks of just having plants again in my environment, it was like the missing piece of the jigsaw going back in. I just need to remember restraint going forwards! Then it can be pleasurable again rather than frustration eg greenfly everywhere and not enough time to deal with the problem

Comment

^Thanks for the recommendation, Philthy. I'll look out for that for next year. Seeds for this year already ordered. Look at me: 'there's always next year' already.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X