Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caught the grafting bug

Hi all

A newbie to the forum after becoming obsessed with grafting fruit trees.

Following a house move & my good fortune for it to include a sizeable garden, I've grow very interested in the art of top working & changing fruit tree varieties from the original to a more favourable specimen. I find the process fascinating & the results almost magical, Gardening a !!

I also love growing any fruit really, with cherry Tomatoes another favourite. I leave the none edible garden to my better half.

Mitch from sunny Kent

Hello and welcome to the vine Rooster

I've not tried grafting but I know others here successfully have so hopefully one of then will spot your post.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Welcome to the forum.
      Near Worksop on heavy clay soil

Comment

I'm a keen amateur fruit grower and a long term, but very poorly skilled grafter. Still, I remember my successes and forget my failures. I have a few apple trees which are over 30 years old now, and I can hardly believe I was the one who joined the scion and the stock on them. I also have a plum tree which is now about 40' tall and started life as a branch I stuck in the ground with a view to budding from it the following spring. The buds did not take, but the branch did and so now it's growing on its own roots.
        Last edited by nickdub; 26-07-2021, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Wow, I've not tried that approach. I'll give it a go, what the worse that's can happen.

Comment

Wait until the leaves fall off is all. Don't forget fruit trees grown on their own roots may well end up being humungous, and will almost certainly not crop for 5 or 6 years

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X