Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just joined...

Hi all
    I've just joined the forum. A bit about me - I've been gardening for many years, but mainly flowers with a little veg. Last year I dug up a bit more of the lawn for a bigger veg plot, seeing as we were working at home now and it was very therapeutic to be honest, as well as tasty. Sadly my dad recently passed away, and I decided to take on his allotment, which I'm happy to say the local authority agreed to. He was a true 'allotmenteer' since I can remember... so I've big boots to fill but excited for the challenge, even if it is under sad circumstances.
    Looking forward to sharing tips, ideas and learning lots from the expertise here
    Areti

Hello and welcome

So sorry for the lost of your dad. Can't wait to see photos of how your getting on.
    Carrie

Comment

Thank you Carrie. I'm sure dad'll be guiding me, and with the help here hopefully my efforts won't be too shoddy

Comment

Hello Areti and welcome to the vine, I’m a back garden grower who’s also dug up a fair bit of lawn for my veg plot.

It’s good that you can takeover your dads plot you read about so many of them left to get overgrown.

Like Carrie says we do like photos.
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Hi there, and Welcome to the Vine from me too!

I can’t think of a nicer tribute to your father - I’m sure you will get as much out of working the same land as he did, both mentally and physically, not to mention the wonderful produce you will grow.

We all make mistakes so don’t worry about those as you get the ‘feel’ for the land.
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Welcome to the forum.
            I had friends who had an allotment in north London many years ago.
            The clay it a bit more work where I live now. It is red and heavy.
            Near Worksop on heavy clay soil

Comment

Welcome to the forum Areti. So sorry you lost your dad, but how lovely that you can keep his plot going, and with it his memory too.
              Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
              Endless wonder.

Comment

Haya and welcome.

Comment

Hi welcome to the forum good luck with your allotment!

Comment

Thank you everyone, what a lovely warm welcome
                    I've just come back from measuring up (I'm a bit of a spreadsheet queen) and will start planning what's going where now!

Comment

Welcome to the forum, they are a friendly bunch here so enjoy the forum & your alotment.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X