Hello again

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello again

I was a member of Grapevine, and reader of the magazine, until a few years ago, when I gave up my allotment (too far away, and I'm carless). However, I'm planning to start again this year, with the free seeds that came with the March issue (thanks) plus some others, if the ground ever unfreezes and dries out enough for me to dig four deep beds in my back garden. I've got your onion and rosemary seeds in the heated propagator, and 'Salad Blue' and 'Pink Fir Apple' spuds set out to chit on the kitchen windowsill.
    Last edited by StephenH; 14-02-2021, 10:37 PM.
    Tour of my back garden mini-orchard.

Hi there!
    Welcome back to the Vine ...Great to see you again

We have rain- as I speak -for the first time in weeks, so I’m hoping it will melt off all the snow and get our soil defrosted too.
    I guess it’ll only be fit for mud wrestling for a few more weeks though
    Hopefully yours will be drier than mine
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Thanks for the welcome.
      It's raining here in Hemel Hempstead too, and the temperature is much milder than of late, when it's been arctic. We only had a sprinkling of snow, and now it's gone. A few weeks of dry weather would be nice! My onion seedlings started to appear a couple of days ago, and this morning the rosemary has appeared. My 'Salad Blue' spuds are chitting nicely, but no sign of action from the 'Pink Fir Apple' yet, but it is a notoriously slow chitter.
      Tour of my back garden mini-orchard.

Comment

Welcome back Stephen I'm a back garden grower and its surprising how much fruit and veg you can get out of a few beds.
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Hi again, always good to grow something at home, feeds the soul as well as the family.

Comment

Hello. Good to see you back. There's nothing like germinating seeds and new green leaves to cheer the heart. Hope you have a great growing year.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X