And its 'Hello' from him

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And its 'Hello' from him

Hi. Having lived in the same house now for nearly 50 years, and endured a sloping garden, about 1 in 30 up from the house, we decided about 18 months ago to re-design the garden completely. It now consists of four terraces. a patio next to the house,then a lawn with a flower border, then next up a slate area for pots and containers with flowers, fruit bushes on one side and herbs on the other side. The highest terrace consists of a small 8' x 6' greenhouse, a cold frame and five 6' x 4' x 18" raised beds for veggies etc.
    The work was finally completed earlier this month so planting will begin in ernest next year.
    Although I did have a greenhouse in the old garden, it was only used for about 10 years, mainly for tomatoes, cucumbers and cyclamen. the rest of the garden was mainly lawn with a few trees and bushes (which had all got out of hand). Not being a 'gardener' it all had to go.
    So, I am now finally retired and so will have a go at this gardening lark! The greehouse is already in use with various herbs, some from seed, others plants or cuttings. A pot grown rhodydendron from many years ago which I had given up for dead, suddenly came to life earlier this year so that is now thriving on the slate terrace in a new pot with new compost. Four of the five raised beds have green manure sown in them which is already germinating well, the fifth has home made compost on the top with chicken manure pellets for some onion and shallot sets to go in as soon as they arrive. I am looking forward to 'pottering' about in the future in this new garden.

Sounds like you are in for a busy retirement, it will keep you busy and aids being fit and healthy, enjoy and keep us posted.

Comment

Sounds lovely welcome to the vine OP,I hope it’s all going well

Comment

Hello and welcome to the vine Organo Pleno
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Welcome! I hope you enjoy both gardenning and retirement.

Comment

Hi, OP, welcome to the vine.
            Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
            Endless wonder.

Comment

Hello, welcome to the Vine. Love the name!

Your garden sounds magnificent. You must be pleased with the outcome. Hope you have a great time in it.

Comment

especially for Nicos!
                Last edited by Organo Pleno; 24-10-2020, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Looking good Organo Pleno
                  Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Hallo and welcome.
                    That's a lovely space you've got there.
                    Enjoy you're garden and your retirement,

And when your back stops aching,
                    And your hands begin to harden.
                    You will find yourself a partner,
                    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Welcome aboard Organo Pleno! Lovely space you have there.
                      Nestled somewhere in the Cambridgeshire Fens. Good soil, strong winds and 4 Giant Puffballs! https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...lies/smile.gif
                      Always aim for the best result possible not the best possible result
                      https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...ilies/wink.gif
                      Forever indebted to Potstubsdustbins https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...lies/smile.gif

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X