No announcement yet.

Just saying hello and what time is it?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just saying hello and what time is it?

Hello everyone, new to this forum but been gardening for over half a century and still feeling like an amateur Useless with anything inedible except for pelargoniums, sedum spectabile (which is now called something odd like 'Hi-lo telephones') and day lilies. Really enjoying browsing this site though.

Still coming to terms with the various functions on here and I can't seem to get an accurate time showing on posts, makes reading back a bit awkward. Sorry if this is the wrong place to mention it but I couldn't find an up to date How To thread.
    East Berkshire

There are no gardening mistakes, only experiments.

Welcome along NannyGreen, you seem to be doing just fine, it might take a while to get used to the forum, any questions, just ask.

Comment

Thank you burnie, everyone seems very friendly I just found the daylight saving option so I might have cracked the time difference, hooray! Out of curiousity how can I see who has 'liked' a post? Sometimes it would be nice to follow up but I can't find a way to 'see' them?
      East Berkshire

Comment

At present it seems only moderators can see who has liked the post, we are still waiting for the admin team to sort out the problems left after the forum moved to a new provider, hopefully this will be addressed.

Comment

Thank you for that information, I shall hold myself in readiness for their solution
          East Berkshire

Comment

Hello again NannyGreen nice avatar you have there

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Why thank you Bren, that was one of last year's dinners hoping for more of the same this year if I can get down the garden without being scorched, drowned or blown away!

Like the variation on the paper bag on your avatar although I read Bren as Ben at first, wondering where the 'little weed' was.
              East Berkshire

Comment

Hello to our friendly gardening forum. Nice to meet in our community. Hope you like the forum and will be an active participant. We like to share interesting and useful information here. I am sure in a few days you will use forum more confident.

Comment

Thank you BeatriceCallan, still finding my way around and 'getting to know' the members and the things that interest them. Also still finding out how to do stuff but enjoying it all so far.

Your post doesn't give a location but I am guessing that English is not your first language? Where do you garden?
                  East Berkshire

Comment

Hello once more NannyGreen.

One of the nice things about the grapevine is that you feel encouraged to try growing things you've never grown before. Confirmed veg growers find themselves dabbling with flowers, ornamentalists slip in the occasional row of veg, and everyone is inspired to try new varieties, particularly with the seed swaps that can supply a surprising assortment of seeds.
                    Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                    Endless wonder.

Comment

Indeed mothhawk and I am always up for something new. Until this year I was trying to expand my paltry flower borders annually at the Hampton Show, but my daughter has promised a couple of sisyrinchium when she splits hers so the expansion goes on. Its the survival rate that is worrying

I am very tempted by the seed swap thread and I may dip a toe in but this year was not good. All the veg did wonderfully none of the flowers did anything - so be it. Onwards and upwards.

I have had such a warm welcome here I shall surely be contributing once I have found my feet, thank you to you all
                      East Berkshire

Comment

Do join in the seed swap!
                        some years peeps have more to offer than others so it evens out....do dip your toe in
                        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Over the years Nicos I have been given umpteen seeds by friends and their relatives and have had very mixed results. I'm not sure why but there is a feeling of guilt attached if I have to break bad news when they enquire about the health of their offering

Add to that the time of year - the geese are practising their flying and I am thinking of preserves, soups and making space in the garage!
                          East Berkshire

Comment

HELLO NG,welcome to the forum,you sure belong here,seems you have found something i not,about daylight saving,is it where the screen changes when night time calls ?,please tell me someone,THIS old bird it still finding out how it all works,we got so used to the other way,i have a veg patch at home,in previous times had 2 allotments,then moved onto a bit of sons plots,when it became to much,but that will be over,come moving or new year,when rent is due,and the growing veg retrieved,especially the snips,if they ok on plunging the fork in ,as has been said,lots of ideas come available to try on here,daft or not,do not knock it till you try,all good fun
                            sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Hi there lottie dolly I found the settings in Account under Time & Date but it took a couple of goes to make it work. It seemed to need to refresh before it kicked in, go to user settings and play around

Hope the neaps are good, mine stay in the ground until Nov/Dec work on the principle that the less I have to store for the winter the better! Only have myself to feed and I do like to know what I'm eating. I gather you are moving, is it to somewhere smaller? Hope all goes well as it can be quite stressful.
                              East Berkshire

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X