Hi everyone!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi everyone!

My name is Katie, I'm 23 from Hull, East Yorkshire. I have always wanted to get into growing my own food and finally this summer have started. I don't think I'll get much harvestable crop but I'm enjoying the practice. I only have a small yard so am growing in containers and so far have tomatoes, parsley, basil, pak choi, beetroot growing and some beetroot, dwarf bean, and chilli seeds waiting to germinate. One day I hope to get an allotment or a bigger garden next time we move as I want to explore more things that take up a bit too much room for me at the moment! Looking forward to meeting you all and learning from you

Hi,
    everyone has to start somewhere and the most important parts to making a gardener are the willingness to have a go, the ability to learn both from other people and one's own mistakes, and also these days the internet.

Lots of stuff to learn even with no garden - you are already growing stuff from seed which is brilliant - some seeds are easier to germinate than others, so the harder ones take some skill to get going - also other types of propagation like layering, taking cuttings or simple plant division are good things to learn as they help gardeners do more with less.

Happy gardening, and good wishes for acquiring more space to grow things in the future.

Comment

Hello and welcome..looks like you have the bug..just going to say about the chillis , they need a long growing time , i start mine in January ,....but you might be able to over winter them in doors on a sunny window sill..enjoy your time growing.

Comment

Hi there, and Welcome to the Vine from me too!
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Hi, Katie, welcome to the vine.

Sounds like you're doing fine so far. All plants want to grow and you can't go far wrong if you keep them watered and fed. All gardening is an experiment, with successes and failures for all of us till we find what likes to grow best in the conditions we have. You've lots of enthusiasm and that's the most important thing. Happy growing!
          Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
          Endless wonder.

Comment

Welcome to the 'vine Katie
            Shortie

"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children; one of these is roots, the other wings" - Hodding Carter

Comment

Hello Katie welcome to the vine

Comment

Hi Katie and welcome to the Vine
                Location ... Nottingham

Comment

Hello and welcome to the vine Katie I started out my growing in pots / containers and so long as you keep things watered you do get good crops
                  Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Hello and welcome. Best wishes for a great growing year and plenty of fun.

Comment

Hi Katie, welcome to the wonderful world of growing your own! Growing stuff in pots is great and you've got a great selection growing. Good luck and have fun!
                      Nestled somewhere in the Cambridgeshire Fens. Good soil, strong winds and 4 Giant Puffballs! https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...lies/smile.gif
                      Always aim for the best result possible not the best possible result
                      https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...ilies/wink.gif
                      Forever indebted to Potstubsdustbins https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...lies/smile.gif

Comment

Welcome Katie, small steps lead to a big journey.

Anything you crop is good and tastes better than the supermarket.
                        When the Toms, beans and Chillies finish you can start carrots and maybe a few parnips so you have a few winter treats too.

Comment

Welcome aboard
                          Northern England.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X