Hi

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi

I've been lurking on the forum for a while, but thought I'd say hi. My name is Jac, I'm driving my family mad trying to get them enthusiastic about my seedlings! I live in Berkshire and I'm a beginner vegetable grower. I've had a small plot in my garden for about 4 years and I've just built 3 raised beds. So still small fry to all your allotments.

Hi Jac, I'm a home gardener too, you can still grow a tidy amount in raised beds at home, nothing better than growing it yourself and eating it fresh and in season.

Comment

Hi, Jac, and welcome. I'm another with only a small space to grow, and still have a lot of fun growing veg, even though it can be frustrating not having enough space to grow all I would like to.
      Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
      Endless wonder.

Comment

Hi Jac and welcome!

I'm a home gardener too. I'm back to growing after many years out of the gardening loop. My garden has been so neglected I am opting for no dig beds for my main patch this year. The come late Autumn I plan to completely redesign it!

We'll get enthusiastic for your seedlings! Yaay!!
        Nestled somewhere in the Cambridgeshire Fens. Good soil, strong winds and 4 Giant Puffballs! https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...lies/smile.gif
        Always aim for the best result possible not the best possible result
        https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...ilies/wink.gif
        Forever indebted to Potstubsdustbins https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...lies/smile.gif

Comment

Hi !
          welcome to the Vine from me too!
          And - Another home grower here as well.
          What veggies (and fruits )are you concentrating on?
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Hello and welcome. We know how exciting it is to see seeds germinate. You'll find us more than happy to enthuse over yours too. Hope you have a great growing year.

Comment

I've packed a little of lots in my new beds to see what does best in that location. Cauliflower, kale, radish, turnips and cabbage in my brassica bed. Peas, onions (red, white and spring), leeks and lettuces in my legume and onion bed. Parsnips, carrots, beetroot and swiss chard in my roots bed. strawberries, garlic, potatoes, beans and courgette in my garden bed. Sounds a lot but I've only got a few of each. It's so exciting seeing what comes up.

Comment

Hiya and welcome.

Comment

Hello jackfruit and welcome to the vine
                  I’m another back garden grower who has more seedlings than space so I tend to shove the extras in buckets they seem fine so long as they’re well watered.
                  Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Hello Jac welcome to the vine,I’m a garden grower too,you can grow a good selection at home

Comment

Welcome Jac
                      All at once I hear your voice
                      And time just slips away
                      Bonnie Raitt

Comment

Hi Jac and welcome. Seems you've been well and truly bitten by the grow your own bug. I started off growing in the back garden too, there's a lot to be said for being able to just nip out and do a bit. Also when you're cooking you can crop the extra piece of veg you forgot earlier.
                        Location ... Nottingham

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X