X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the Grapevine

Just a quick post to say Hi!

My names is Stuart and from Norwich.

Found the website about a week ago and finding it very helpful. Pretty new to growing our own. We recently moved house and have turned a corner of the garden in to a veg patch after getting a free greenhouse from a friend who was taking to the dump.

Since then added a couple of raised beds, compost bins, water butts and had some early success with some fairly simple things like Toms, lettuce, rocket, beets and Pumpkins. Just built a new raised garden this weekend, and hoping to grow some spuds next year.

Really enjoying the early success and hoping next year will be a bumper year.

Hope to learn a lot more from the site!

Welcome to the Grapevine. Lucky you, getting a free greenhouse.

There's a lot of great advice here and we are a pretty good bunch too. Here's to next year
    A garden is a lovesome thing, God wot! (Thomas Edward Brown)

Comment

Welcome Stu. Sounds like you've made a really impressive start - do you think you're addicted already? - be warned it can become all consuming!!
      Life is too short for drama & petty things!
      So laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly!

Comment

Welcome to the Vine Stu. You've made a very impressive start. Look forward to your posts. You could go into your personal profile and show us where you are in the country. Happy gardening.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Welcome to the vine. So lucky to get a free greenhouse at the time your starting GYO. Sounds like you are off to a flying start.
          Good luck.
          J
          BW
          James

I like to try, might not get far, but I like to try.

Comment

hi stu an welcome im new to this to the only problem is ppl are so friendly an full of advice that you spend more time on here than u should elsewhere lol happy days belle

Comment

Hi and welcome. I lived in Norwich until '98 - I had an allotment up near the UEA.
              All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Welcome aboard Stu - ditto what others have said, you've made a great start already.

Oh, you will learn a lot here, an awful lot, not all of it garden related!

Good luck, and keep us posted.
                A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Hi and welcome to the vine!!
                  Lucky you getting the greenhouse! I want one!!
                  Good luck with the veg

Comment

Hello and welcome. Next year's GOT to be better! And I wouldn't call beets and pumpkins easy - you must have green fingers - well done.
                    Last edited by Flummery; 03-09-2008, 08:18 AM.
                    Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Thanks for all the messages. I'll try and post some pics at some point. The pumkins are coming on a treat and think they should be ready for a Halloween!

As for the free greenhouse it was a complete bit of luck, was quite difficult to move about 10 miles and re-assemble, but its doing a job and is more use now then it was last year to the previous owner. I love recycling.
                      Last edited by Stu H; 03-09-2008, 08:34 AM.

Comment

I remembered I had some photos on Facebook. So thought I'd post

So this is how the peice of land looked when we first started

and here it is of last weekend

Oh and here is one of my pumpkins

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X