new to it all

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new to it all

hello everyone, not only am i knew to gardening but to this pc too. a novice at both so i hope people that u will bear with me if i make any blunders. ive been faffing about for the last half hour trying to figure out how to log in, is that the right term to use, to the forum to say hello everyone . my garden isnt very big and at present is a bit messy due to my trying to reorganise it. Seeds i ordered have arrived and although feeling aprehensive about growing veg for the first time i cant wait to get started and join you experienced folk in harvesting and enjoying wonderful fresh flavoured veg later in the season. just hope the old back holds up as i can only do a bit at a time. best go now, hubby wants his dinner. Look forward to chatting to you all soon.( It tells me i have to enter a title/subject, hope it wont be long before i get used to how to do things on a pc, it puts me in a panic cos im notsure what im doing)

You seem to be be doing fine marion, I'm not that computer savvy either but I soon got the hang of this site.
    welcome to the grapevine
    where abouts are you and what are you planning on growing?
    Yo an' Bob
    Walk lightly on the earth
    take only what you need
    give all you can
    and your produce will be bountifull

Comment

hello,welcome and good luck

Comment

Hello - and welcome to the Vine!
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

I think you're doing just fine! Hello and welcome!

May I suggest that you add whereabouts in the country you are to your user details (through User CP, top left of forum) - advice that you ask for may depend on where you are.

And when you get a bit more au fait, stick a pin in the Grapes map on google maps - there's a thread in general chitchat that'll tell you how to do it!
          Live for something or die for nothing

Comment

Originally posted by yoanbob View Post
            You seem to be be doing fine marion, I'm not that computer savvy either but I soon got the hang of this site.
            welcome to the grapevine
            where abouts are you and what are you planning on growing?
            hello yoanbob, sorry if i got name wrong, now ive come to acknowlede your reply ive forgotten how it was spelt. first of all thank you for your welcome, my home is in loughborough approx 10ml north of leicester. I plan to have a go at growing leeks, parsnip, leek chives, garlic,onions, runner beans, carrots, and salad crops. A bit ambitious i know for first time grower but hey why not, lets go in at the deep end. praps put some tomatoes in am not sure yet. hubby made me 2 raised beds last autumn and has dug one over this weekend. Not sure wether to get some cloches put on the soil to warm it up or wait awhile till weather improves.

Comment

Originally posted by everdream78 View Post
              I think you're doing just fine! Hello and welcome!

May I suggest that you add whereabouts in the country you are to your user details (through User CP, top left of forum) - advice that you ask for may depend on where you are.

And when you get a bit more au fait, stick a pin in the Grapes map on google maps - there's a thread in general chitchat that'll tell you how to do it!
              Hello Sprouter, thank you for your welcome. Im struggling i must admit, not sure if im pressing the correct buttons to reply. I press Post quick reply and scroll up to see Post reply so press that too. Will give the google map a try, have already altered user details so thank you for the advice :-) What do you like to grow? Do you have a good size garden?

Comment

do i say hello Rooter or Snake the squady? Thank you for your welcome. You love yorshire? So did i when we were fortunate enough to have a caravan, hope to return to explore again some day when i can persuade hubby and family.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                  Hello - and welcome to the Vine!
                  Thank you for your welcome, i looking forward to lots of advice from and to picking up lots of tips off the forum pages. ive realy enjoyed brousing through it today. Im not a great joker, wish i was, but ill enjoy the many smiles ill have at those who are in future. What a great site ive managed to access.

Comment

Hello.

Geo..

Comment

Still online, MarionJ, see, you're getting addicted already. You'll be as blurry eyed as the rest of us grapes soon Enjoy the forum.
                      I you'st to have a handle on the world .. but it BROKE!!

Comment

Welcome to the vine marionj!
                        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

hello, I'm a newbie to this forum too and already addicted. Sounds like you have some great ideas and plans. Always useful to have willing pair of hands to do really heavy stuff,indispensable, find it helps to keep constant supply of tea, biccies, beer or whatever 's needed going. Just got a silly question for anyone who can help really, how do I start a new thread/post I've got some burning issues and even my IT student daughter can't find how to do it.Help!!!
                          Gardening forever- housework whenever

Comment

ok going to reply to myself think I've found the way!!!!
                            Gardening forever- housework whenever

Comment

Originally posted by lettucegrow! View Post
                              think I've found the way!!!!
                              Yes, we prefer to call it the grapevine - or "home" to some of us (mentioning no names).

Welcome aboard the good ship grapevine marionj and lettucegrow (like it), don't worry about asking any stupid questions - I'm happy to give stupid answers (the only ones I know really). As for Pc's marionj, I don't think we'll ever understand them, but the important thing is you've found this place, and there are plenty of willing and helpful grapes at the other side of this screen.

*knocks screen* wakey wakey people, there's grapes to help...
                              Last edited by HeyWayne; 13-03-2008, 08:30 AM.
                              A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X