Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ryobi Allotment Tiller

Hi
    I have a Ryobi petrol trimmer which is capable of the taking expand-it range of attachments:

http://www.ryobi-direct.com/acatalog...ttachment.html

I have been looking for some consumer reviews on the internet of people using this product, but so far have found none. I only have an 1/2 plot so I am considering this as a possibe useful tool.

Does anyone have any experience or seen any magazine reviews etc of this product.

Rgds Andy

Well its been a few days now and I have received no updates on this forum. I also emailed the supplier and have also received no reply.

I think this speaks volumes that few people if any are using this appliance.
    This is definately getting crossed off my short list, especially if the supplier cannot be bother to reply or possibly have no consumer references to
    quote !

Rgds Andy

Comment

Roybi are normall very good. I had one of their strimmers and after two years the spool head becam loose. I phoned them and got this sweet old dear on the phoone and thought this is going to be painfull. But she knew the product back to front and offered to send me a box to retun it or send me a part. I took the altter and she then phoned back a week later to check all is ok.
      My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

we were thinking about ryobi too, humm not so sure now, hows the trimmer?
        Yo an' Bob
        Walk lightly on the earth
        take only what you need
        give all you can
        and your produce will be bountifull

Comment

No complaints about the strimmer, its worked great.

Rgds Andy

Comment

I've been thinking about the expand it strimmer with cultivator attachment as a possible present to myself later in the year so would also be interested in hearing any opinions on it
            http://www.cowlane.org.uk

Comment

Its likely that Ryboi were unable to reply to me due to an email problem.
              I have now resubmitted my inquiry. Looks like I may have to add my words to the ever growing pill of produce I need to eat ! I will post some
              feedback when I receive it.

Rgds Andy

Comment

Contacted sales@ryobipower.co.uk yesterday, no reply yet.

Comment

Andy,
                  my sister has one of these and I have tried it for myself and really like it.
                  Plan to buy one for myself soon. I plan to get it with the brushcutter and cultivator attachments. In all should cost around £150. Claire got hers from a garden centre and found the price better than what was quoted on the ryobi website.
                  At risk of sounding sexist or anything, as a woman I'm not quite as strong as most blokes and found it easy to operate and handle, not too bulky or heavy.
                  Have pm'd you.

Kirsty
                  Last edited by kirsty b; 29-08-2007, 03:29 PM.
                  Kirsty b xx

Comment

well maybe i will get one then.
                    Yo an' Bob
                    Walk lightly on the earth
                    take only what you need
                    give all you can
                    and your produce will be bountifull

Comment

Hi, andy p i have a ryobi strimmer does the job great it does take expandet, range was thinking of getting tiller, also hedge cutter, later this year , i have never had any trouble from it as of yet i got mine from ebay new £80 best buy i,ve had,
                      Mick aka murfe 18

Comment

I have still not heard from Ryobi sales, however I assume I am not top of they list as its not a big sale.
                        FYI Our local wyevale garden centre are offering 10% off Ryobi power tools until the 5/9/2007. This reduces the cost a bit more. I am very tempted to risk getting one now.

Rgds Andy

Comment

on my allotment theres an 83 year old lady and her daughter brought her
                          one because she wont except any help from anyone and a few other attachments tiller,blower (i hope they never got her the chain saw attachment) she swears by it and from what i've seen it does a good. ive been thinking of buying one myself....

Comment

I got my Ryobi trimmer from eBay, and have only used once - as i am concerned about its construction - The main shaft is not firmly fixed inot the engine unit

Can anyone confirm whether their units are the same?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X