Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pressure sprayer with lance advice requested...

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pressure sprayer with lance advice requested...

Just like everyone else, I suspect, I’ve received five or six new seed catalogues in the past couple of weeks. These are always a ray of sunshine amongst the gloom of the cold midwinter, but I wondered whether anyone could help me with an item that I've found in none of those, but which might greatly affects my success in a certain area of my garden. (Y’see, you’re beginning to get a wee bit interested now, aren’t you?).

I’ve had a quick whizz through the catalogues, and I’ve had a good look online, but I’m struggling to find a pressurized water sprayer with one of the ‘up and over’ curved (or hooked) lances that are suitable for watering hanging baskets and such like.

I fully accept that one or two people might be thinking, 'Don't expect us to go trawling through the 'net for you. Get on line and look for it yourself like everybody else!' but if anyone could recommend one I’d be pleased to bits as I got myself soaked on numerous occasions last summer whilst I was trying to water them (the hanging baskets) whilst standing on my step ladder (that new, blue one that I bought when I first moved in).

It (the step ladder) actually wobbled quite a bit when I got slightly off balance, at least, I thought it did, but I might have been imagining it but that was enough to make me wobble a bit myself, which probably explains why I thought the ladder was wobbling too, even though it was probably only me wobbling on it first of all.

I would have thought it’d be a pretty easy search to make as I know such things exist, but I’ve drawn a blank so far, so any suggestions at all would be very gratefully received. I realise that some of you might be also be thinking ‘Why don’t you just buy a lance and fit it on that hose you’ve got in the outhouse’ and that would be a perfectly reasonable thing to say, but I struggled all summer with trying to get the hose attachment to fit properly on my taps and suffered further soakings there, so I’m selling the hose off and plumping instead of a pressure sprayer if I can but find one suitable for purpose.

Could anyone help me with this, please, by way of any suggestions, tips or other recommendations on a really good such sprayer I could buy? I realise again that some of you might be thinking 'Get yourself idle self off Facebook and have a proper look yourself’ but if anyone could recommend one I'd be eternally* gratefully for your help.

*Actually, probably not quite 'eternally' but for quite a longish time. Certainly well beyond next weekend, and possibly a lot longer if it works as well as you say...

……………..
    Last edited by Herbsandveg; 04-01-2017, 05:40 PM.

I think that a pressure sprayer won't deliver enough water and it will be slow job. As far as getting the hose to fit on your taps I have found that Hoze***k fittings reliable and your hanging baskets will get a good soak.
    Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

Happy New Year Herbs
      Did you make a New Year's Resolution to keep your posts short and straight to the point?

Thought not (Neither did I)

Comment

Originally posted by roitelet View Post
        I think that a pressure sprayer won't deliver enough water and it will be slow job. As far as getting the hose to fit on your taps I have found that Hoze***k fittings reliable and your hanging baskets will get a good soak.
        Hello Roitelet

Thank you for your reply.

Oh heck, that sounds a bit worrying. I might as well abandon hope if it's the choice of either going up the stepladder again (which I don't fancy at all) or trying to use again this year (which I fancy even less). Oh woe is me, I hope we can come up with some kind of alternative before it's hanging basket time again. I suppose I could just lower them so they were just above the ground, but that might defeat the objective a tad or two...The search, I think, continues for a while yet...

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
          Happy New Year Herbs
          Did you make a New Year's Resolution to keep your posts short and straight to the point?

Thought not (Neither did I)
          Hello again VC!

I trust all is well with you, and that you had a really cool Yule..

I honestly did try to be a bit briefer, but failed again to do that, didn't I?

Ah well, just having tea so I'd best be brief on this one now, but I'll be back on again tonight before bedtime (which is set for around 8pm at the moment)

Best regards as ever...
          H&V

Comment

What about these? Other gadgets are available!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ADJUSTABLE-...3TMWMAJYSP1EXH

Comment

What about these? Other gadgets are available!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ADJUSTABLE-...3TMWMAJYSP1EXH
              VC, you're a genius!!! Problem sorted for far less than a pressure sprayer would cost!

Thank you very, very much...

Regards and giddy hugs...xxx
              From H&V

Comment

You can pack away your wobbly blue ladder too. We have to keep you safe

Comment

4 for under 7 squid.............a bargain me thinks:

NEW 4 RETRACTABLE EXTENDING PULL DOWN LOWER HANGING BASKET HANGERS PULLEY HOOKS | eBay
                  Last edited by Bigmallly; 04-01-2017, 07:01 PM.
                  sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                  --------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                  -------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                  -----------------------------------------------------------
                  KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

You can pack away your wobbly blue ladder too. We have to keep you safe
                    Actually I'm quite attached to my wobbly blue ladder. It doesn't wobble all the time, it mainly just starts doing it I start wobbling first. From then on it gets worse as I start wobbling more, then the ladder starts wobbling more, then me again, then it again, then so on, and then I fall...
                    Last edited by Herbsandveg; 04-01-2017, 07:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
                      A real bargain indeed, Bigmally, thank you...

Incidentally, I was in a fairly heated discussion recently about the merits of vegetarian food versus meat when someone started prodding me and calling me a wimp for eating 'rabbit food'. "That's OK" I said "I know that rabbits eat it, and that's a very valid point, but it's also gorilla food, too. Fancy prodding one of those and calling them a wimp?"

Comment

Originally posted by Herbsandveg View Post
                        Actually I'm quite attached to my wobbly blue ladder. It doesn't wobble all the time, it mainly just starts doing it I start wobbling first. From then on it gets worse as I start wobbling more, then the ladder starts wobbling more, then me again, then it again, then so on, and then I fall...
                        If you really were "attached" to your wobbly blue ladder you wouldn't fall off it

Attached Files

Comment

There must be something on the market. I've seen the local council workers using them.

Come on BM I am sure you could devise something! A bit of copper piping with a bend at the end that could be attached to the end of a hose? New challenge??????
                          Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

Personally, I'd use one of these but it depends how many baskets you have:

BRAND NEW 5L LITRE PUMP PRESSURE KNAPSACK SPRAYER SPRAY KILL WEEDS INSECT GARDEN | eBay
                            sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                            --------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                            -------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                            -----------------------------------------------------------
                            KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X