No announcement yet.

Compost Dalek recommendations

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personally, I would have a base as I wouldn't want any rodents to bury underneath & make it their home.........worms can always be added.
    sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

I have 7, no bases for any of them. And most of them were free from freecycle. If you keep an eye out they crop up fairly regularly.

If you can, get the 330L bins over the 220L. There really isn't that much difference in size but the compost quantity is a lot larger and the bin stays warm longer with the increased material.
      http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

I have 7 Daleks on one plot and 6 on the other and all came off freecycle
        sigpic
        . .......Man Vs Slug
        Click Here for my Diary and Blog
        Nutters Club Member

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
          Personally, I would have a base as I wouldn't want any rodents to bury underneath & make it their home.........worms can always be added.
          Mine was on a slab and they chewed through the bottom!
          Plastic isn't rodentproof. I've even had stainless steel mesh feeders destroyed by squirrels.
          Last edited by DannyK; 07-12-2016, 08:10 AM.
          Riddlesdown (S Croydon)

Comment

I've had several with bases & never had an issue................luck I guess.
            sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
            --------------------------------------------------------------------
            Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
            -------------------------------------------------------------------
            Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
            -----------------------------------------------------------
            KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Attention vixylix

Can't find the correct thread. Is this any good for you.
              When you have a hammer in your hand everything around you starts looking like a nail.

Comment

Jonny that would be fab, if you're sure you don't need it? I've moved house so I'll PM you my address

Comment

Got your message but won't let me open it at the moment will sort it out for you one day next week
                  When you have a hammer in your hand everything around you starts looking like a nail.

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                    Do your local council sell them cheap? They're about £6/7 here.
                    VC how much do you recon it would cost to post two of them up here ? they are asking £19 each up here ! atb Dal

Comment

Sorry to disappoinr you Dal. I've just checked their website and they don't have any bins at the moment. They have wormeries for £20! Would that help?

Comment

lol. thanks for the thought VC but they do well on thier own in the ground so no need to rehouse em
                        atb Dal

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X